PPR Flex - Greene, R Moss, Britt?? WHIR always!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

PPR Flex - Greene, R Moss, Britt?? WHIR always!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR Flex - Greene, R Moss, Britt?? WHIR always!!

Postby leftovers » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:57 am

Hey guys, I'm in a 12 team H2H league with standard scoring plus PPR. Starting lineup is a little unusual as only one RB is required but another can be played as a flex - starting requirements are QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, K, D.

I'm pretty confident with my starters at all positions besides the flex spot (Romo, McCoy, B Marshall, V Cruz, T Gonzalez)

My best options for the flex spot are as follows: Shonn Greene vs Pit, Randy Moss vs Det, Kenny Britt vs SD, Ogletree vs Sea, Jon Stewart vs NO.

Now, because I am fairly confident in my other starters, I am essentially trying to minimize risk with my flex spot not start a risky guy who could hit a home run or could lay an egg. Who do you guys think is my safest bet to lock down 10-15 points? For me its really between Moss and Greene I think. Britt has tremendous potential but is limited to 15 snaps and I'd like to see how his knee is recovered before starting him. I's also like to see a repeat performance from ogletree before marching him out there, and stewart is coming back from injury in a muddled backfield and his team will prob be playing from behind and not running as much. Since this is PPR I have Moss currently penciled into my lineup. I think his odds of catching 4 balls for 45 yards and a TD vs detroit are higher than greene's odds of rushing for 80 yards and a TD against pittsburgh. do you guys agree with me? Would love to hear people's thoughts on which of these 5 gentlemen they would start if it were them.

Thanks! Leave a link and I'll help on your post.
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR Flex - Greene, R Moss, Britt?? WHIR always!!

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Tough call here. By player:

Greene: Easy avoid for me this week. An average power runner going up against a tough defense.. he may punch in a bunny but I have a hard time seeing the Jets O running the Steelers around like they did the Bills.

Moss: Very interesting play. Could be a huge point game between SF and DET. Could also be a game where SF stifles DET and SF's offense sputters. But the thing to take away from the GB game is that SF is all about ball control, which doesnt play into Moss' speciality - the jump ball. He's essentially a possession guy, and how long til he's bored with that? I'd avoid him too.

Britt: If he were healthy, definitely the guy to pick. But 15-25 snaps? Thats just not enough, even against a poor D. Pass on him too.

Jon Stewart: Big time pass. Splitting time with DeAngelo, and not getting goal line carries because of Cam and Tolbert. I'd avoid every Carolina RB, even more so than the WSH situation.

Which leaves Ogletree. He has Austin and Dez taking away most of the attention, and is a long-term player in the same offensive playbook. That kind of stuff is insanely valuable for a slot receiver that isn't very highly regarded yet. I can see him putting up another big game this week.. but I'd turn around and sell him high pretty soon. Once he gets some recognition, his very vanilla skillset will be easy to contain.

Pitta v James Jones v Meachem?
viewtopic.php?t=519862
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Postby leftovers » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:21 pm

I like your logic GBP, thanks! I have switched Moss to Ogletree for now but I'd still love to hear any other opinions on the players in question. I'll give a thoughtful response to your link if you leave one just like i gave to GBP. thanks!!
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby leftovers » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:22 pm

c'mon dudes, could use one or two more responses here. especially after marshall duffed it last night for a whopping 4.2 points. ogletree, greene, r moss, or britt at flex (PPR)? who do i slap in there to get me paid? leave a link and i promise to give you a thoughtful response.
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby oe14203 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Now that I'm guessing your need from a consistent guy to a big play guy due to Marshall choking has changed. I would still have to agree with Ogletree. Due to the fact that the rest of those people are not big point scorers in most games. Ogletree will always get the #3 or #4 db on him and those are the people he can beat. After watching the first Dal game Romo always looked his way when he was in trouble...especially with Witten not 100%
oe14203
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby leftovers » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 am

Does the fact that Nate Washington is questionable and may not play or might not be 100% sway anyone's vote from Ogletree to Britt? If Britt is actually limited to 15-20 snaps I think I would prefer Ogle but if Washington is hurt I think Tennessee is going to have to rely on Britt much more which could put him in line for some big numbers?

Do I roll the dice on Britt or not get cute and play ogletree until I see what I have in Britt after a game (not that ogletree is a sure thing by any means)? Thanks!
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lc92 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 am

I WOULD GO WITH OGLETREE. I CANT SEE MOSS RAKING 5-10 CATCHES. GOOD LUCK

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=520557
lc92
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CALLEN » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 am

Bump go with Olgeltree

Please help viewtopic.php?f=18&t=520458
CALLEN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench