PPR scoring, start 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex. My roster:

QB - Stafford @ SF
RB - McCoy v BAL, Sproles @ CAR, J Rodgers v DEN, D McCluster @ BUF
WR - Harvin @ IND, Bryant @ SEA, Wayne v MIN, L Moore @ CAR
TE - F Davis @ STL, G Olsen v NO
DST - Bengals v CLE (streaming)
K - Hanson @ SF

Two decisions to make for week 2:

1. WR - show respect for the Seattle corners, and start Lance Moore over Dez? I know it sounds crazy, but NO is at Carolina, Henderson is out, and Moore had a nice line last week (6/120/1). We all know about the Seattle D at home, and I'm thinking Dez could be feast or famine this week. Harvin is a must-start, and the MIN pass D is still as bad as their run D is good, so Wayne has to be a start too I think.

2. TE - Davis @ STL, or Olsen v NO? I worry about whether Davis is going to be involved enough (only four targets last week even with Garcon missing the second half), and Olsen looks like he's going to be a frequent target for Cam (6 catches last week). On the flip side, STL gave up decent numbers to Pettigrew last week. I'm just thinking RG3 isn't as TE-friendly as Stafford is.

WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 2 help - WHIR

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:12 pm

At WR, I'd go Dez. I'm biased, because I drafted him a lot and expect big things from him, but it is what it is. He's got huge potential and everyone in Dallas is trying to push him to become that truly great player. If he's going to break out, its going to be this year. Moore OTOH is in a spread-it-out offensive option that will surely look to involve Sproles, Ingram, Miller, and Colston more than it did last week. Also remember that Moore was putting up a fat zero up until the comeback when WSH let its guard down. Keep Dez.

At TE, I'd let Olsen sit and ride Fred Davis. STL has a decent front 7 and a coach that likes to apply pressure, leaving a rookie QB to find either his 2 streaking WRs, his RB that with cement hands, or his TE. I expect Fred Davis to have a monster game in PPR leagues. Olsen is still a quality option, but I dont see NO getting to Cam as much as I see STL getting to RG3.

Pitta v James Jones v Meachem?
viewtopic.php?t=519862
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Re: Week 2 help - WHIR

Postby thebigsmooth » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 pm

GreenBowlPackers wrote:At WR, I'd go Dez. I'm biased, because I drafted him a lot and expect big things from him, but it is what it is. He's got huge potential and everyone in Dallas is trying to push him to become that truly great player. If he's going to break out, its going to be this year. Moore OTOH is in a spread-it-out offensive option that will surely look to involve Sproles, Ingram, Miller, and Colston more than it did last week. Also remember that Moore was putting up a fat zero up until the comeback when WSH let its guard down. Keep Dez.

At TE, I'd let Olsen sit and ride Fred Davis. STL has a decent front 7 and a coach that likes to apply pressure, leaving a rookie QB to find either his 2 streaking WRs, his RB that with cement hands, or his TE. I expect Fred Davis to have a monster game in PPR leagues. Olsen is still a quality option, but I dont see NO getting to Cam as much as I see STL getting to RG3.

Pitta v James Jones v Meachem?
viewtopic.php?t=519862

I would do the same thing. Dez and Freddie.

Good luck

Please take a look at mine
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519875

All 10 Team PPR 6pts for TD's
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Big $$ League:
QB: Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Matt Schaub
RB: Darren McFadden, DeMarco Murray, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, DeAngelo Williams, Evan Royster, Ronnie Hillman
WR: Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree
TE: Fred Davis, Dustin Keller
PK: Randy Bullock, Justin Medlock
TD: Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Friends League:
QB: Ryan, Cutler
RB: McFadden, Forte, D. MArtin, M. Bush, Leshoure
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, T. Smith, Heyward-Bey, J. Baldwin,B. LaFell, D. Baldwin
TE: Hernandez, F. Davis
D: Eagles
K: M. Bryant

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Work League:
QB: Ryan, Cutler
RB: McCoy, McFadden, Redman, Benson
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Jon Baldwin, Alshon Jeffrey, Randall Cobb
TE: Hernandez, Gates
K: Bryant
D: Packers.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Who to Start/Bench