Starting Roster REQ change for 2013 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Starting Roster REQ change for 2013

Moderator: Football Moderators

Starting Roster REQ change for 2013

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 pm

In an effort to keep up with the ever changing landscape of the NFL I'm debating changing the starting roster reqs in a long standing redraft league I run.

It's a full PPR league & I nearly changed the reqs this year, but against my better judgement I didn't.

We currently run the fairly standard:

QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
F (W/R/T)
K
D

Next season I plan on switching to:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
F (W/R/T)
F (W/R/T)

With more and more NFL offenses shifting to pass heavy offenses and RBBC's, IMO it only makes sense to allow fantasy team owners to follow suit and get a bit more creative with how they construct their rosters.

With this set up, you still would have the option to roll out the traditional 2 WR/3 RB/TE flex offense that many of us grew up in fantasy with.

At the same time, this would allow owners to roll out 4 WR/RB/TE if they so choose or the 2/2/2 lineup.

Thoughts on this?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Starting Roster REQ change for 2013

Postby Cards24 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:20 pm

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/ has a feature were you pick an actual formation every week and set your roster accordingly. From Run N' Shoot to a Full House formation and everything in between.

Have not played in such a league format but always thought it would be cool to pick a formation each week. As if your typical fantasy football league didn't have enough variables, lol :-b

http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... ptions_149
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:38 am

Cards24 wrote:http://www.myfantasyleague.com/ has a feature were you pick an actual formation every week and set your roster accordingly. From Run N' Shoot to a Full House formation and everything in between.

Have not played in such a league format but always thought it would be cool to pick a formation each week. As if your typical fantasy football league didn't have enough variables, lol :-b

http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... ptions_149

That is essentially what my main league does with MFL. You can run 2r/3w/1t, 3/1/2 or 1/5/0. We also, years ago decided to bump TE yardage for 1.5/10 compared to 1/10 for RB and WR to balance out the position.. We've discussed lowering it back down though if the current crop of TEs continue to excel.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby telek » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:24 pm

I was in a league with your proposed lineup options a couple years ago. The only downside I noticed was a disincentive to trading. The more flexible your lineup options, the easier to deal with injuries. If your RB2 goes down, rather than trying to make a deal for a replacement RB, start another WR. Or pick up another WR on waivers. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, just something I observed. In fact, I joined another league this year, that has those same lineup options.
telek
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner