How will FF players perform when they won't make playoffs??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will FF players perform when they won't make playoffs???

Moderator: Football Moderators

How will FF players perform when they won't make playoffs???

Postby CellarDweller » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:35 pm

From ESPN.com
Arizona, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, N.Y. Giants, Oakland and San Diego have been eliminated from playoff contention.

I wonder how this will affect players like L.Thomlinson, T. Barber, D.Davis, F.Taylor, D.Boston, A.Bolden, and so on?

Will they get benched so that coaches can evaluate other players?

Any thoughts?
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BradtheImpaler » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:04 pm

gee, im trying to think back, but i would expect to still see alot of action outta these guys....maybe not a completely full 4 qtrs, or maybe more likely to get pulled in a blowout either way, but id still start guys like lt, taylor, dd, etc
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: How will FF players perform when they won't make playoffs???

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:48 pm

CellarDweller wrote:From ESPN.com
Arizona, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, N.Y. Giants, Oakland and San Diego have been eliminated from playoff contention.

I wonder how this will affect players like L.Thomlinson, T. Barber, D.Davis, F.Taylor, D.Boston, A.Bolden, and so on?

Will they get benched so that coaches can evaluate other players?

Any thoughts?

you don't have to worry about these guys, they will keep playin.

the players you have to worry about are those who have clinched everything they can possibly clinch. those are the teams that rest players. no team is in that situation yet. the patriots have clinched the division, but they still have aspriations of the getting home field advantage
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:58 pm

Those are the best players to have. No pressure, no injury concerns, just go out and get me some huge stats.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ek » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:04 pm

None of those teams were really thinking playoffs for more than three or four weeks of the season, and some (Arizona, Detroit, Jax, Houston) weren't at any point, even before the season started, so I doubt that there will be much difference in their play one way or another.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:53 pm

The end of the season always brings uncertainty as coaches try to see how some of the less used players perform, or Studs on teams that have clinched sit or see limited action. I hear rumblings of Brees maybe playing the rest of the year to try and give him confidence. Could suck for Boston owners. The Lions re planning on playing Artoise Pinner to judge his value, so that sucks for Bryson and Gary owners. No wait, it already sucks for Bryson and Gary owners.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk