Kickers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Kickers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kickers

Postby northern » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:01 pm

I struggle with how to determine which kicker on my roster to use. (I have Hanson and Prater.) Does anyone have any criteria that they use to choose from week to week?

Thanks in advance!
northern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kickers

Postby latraffic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I normally don't carry 2 kickers, so I don't have this dilemma unless I'm looking at the waiver wire for a better play. When I do that, I look for matchup - will the other team's D be poor enough that we can move the ball but good enough to keep us from scoring TDs, meaning we have to kick field goals. In which I would give the nod to Prater this week.

I also consider weather, but that's not such a big factor yet. I do give preference to guys kicking at altitude or in a dome - again, that would give the nod to Prater.

Lastly, I like to pick a kicker on a team that's just an overall good team. Denver looked great last week, not so much for Detroit. Which gives you another reason to pick Prater.

So, my answer is.... lol... Prater.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tds1195 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Well stated by Head Coach. If the Kicker is indoors that's always a plus. If they're outside even the smallest winds can throw them off. Is he home or away? Kickers can (sometimes) get distracted easier than other players since they're not on the field quite as much. If all else fails - check the rankings. Kickers usually don't rack up too many points anyway (with the exception of a few elite kickers).
tds1195
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:20 pm

I never carry 2 kickers either - I check the WW each week to see if there's someone better to grab. It's important to check your league scoring - if ya get good bonus points for 50+ yard FG's then ya wanna grab someone like Greg Zuerlein who's been kicking them out of the stadium.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:44 am

Definitely do not roster 2 kickers.

A lot of times I look at who my opponent's QB is and add that team's kicker.

It is really a crapshoot, definitely pay attention to weather since you don't want to play someone kicking in a storm.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby PatriotsGirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 pm

I like Zuerlein as well. Between those two, I'd go with Prater. He's got a lot of potential.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum