JQuizz over Greene? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

JQuizz over Greene? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

JQuizz over Greene? WHIR

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm

In addition to my minor QB quandary, I am debating starting a backup RB over a starter!

Why? Good question. I think that the Jets will likely have a tough time doing anything against a Steeler team that just had their pride smacked at mile high.

My other starter is Trent Richardson, and my only other realistic option is Jonathan Dwyer (I don't have faith in Taiwan or Felix Jones (the Jones brothers?) right now)

So, would you go with the guy splitting carries in Atlanta over the guy who's facing the Steel curtain? Or go with the gamble that Dwyer starts looking like the guy who should be starting in Pitt?

Leave a link, I'll put in my 2 cents on yours.

Thanks!
~Gibbs

*no points for return yardage in this league, that may make a difference in your suggestions
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: JQuizz over Greene? WHIR

Postby kman711 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I would go with Quantity over question Marks. Sure Jquizz is a gamechanger, and can bust one at any time, but that is so hard to predict. With Greene we know he will get the rock all game. Any goal line work is his too. I just feel even though tough matchup, he just too involved in offense to bench over a guy who might touch the ball 5 times, too big of Question mark for me.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=520054
kman711
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:49 am

bump - other thoughts??
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chuong9 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:58 am

I definitely think you should go with S. Greene. Although Rodgers role will grow in Atlanta, I don't think he's even playable at this point yet. S. Greene isn't a great option, but I believe his potential for touches, and thus fantasy points, far outweighs any potential benefit that J. Rodgers could bring to your lineup.

Please help me with this trade if you have time: viewtopic.php?t=520260
Chuong9
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tantrix1969 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am

like stated already,you have to go with Greene here,the Jets will give him touches no matter what and you dont know with Rodgers
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby millenniumfalcon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am

Don't start Rodgers, I would give Dwyer a chance this week.

viewtopic.php?t=520299
millenniumfalcon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latraffic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 am

Gotta go with a starter over backups. Greene is the guy to play here.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ramzstriker » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 am

I would go Greene here.

The "Steel-Curtain" is a thing of the past. Did you watch the DEN running backs last week? The defensive line looked like swiss cheese, even for Moreno. Greene will definitely get more carries, receptions, than JQUIZZ. I think people are unusually too hyped on JR for this early on in the season. Turner is still a force, albeit watered down.

No offense, but IMO you are in a terrible quandary. You probably overpaid for Richardson and started to have unrealistic expectations for him since draft day. I don't like any of your options and I would highly recommend making a trade here. This week, you have to go Greene and hope for the best. After all, Sanchez is coming off of a great passing performance, and PITT will have to respect that. Pitt may also be without Troy P. and J. Harrison. Look for Greene to give you a nice day.

Help?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=520305
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 am

ramzstriker wrote:No offense, but IMO you are in a terrible quandary. You probably overpaid for Richardson and started to have unrealistic expectations for him since draft day. I don't like any of your options and I would highly recommend making a trade here. This week, you have to go Greene and hope for the best. After all, Sanchez is coming off of a great passing performance, and PITT will have to respect that. Pitt may also be without Troy P. and J. Harrison. Look for Greene to give you a nice day.

In defense of my team here :-o

This is in a 16 team dynasty league, and I'm trying to rebuild, mainly through the draft.

Trade offers are easy to come by in this league, but balanced trades are much more difficult...I had an offer to trade Garcon for Royster (and swapping my 3rd round 2013 for his second) before last week, and my buddy was calling me foolish for not taking it!?!

So, this season is just waiting to see if any of these guys start panning out, and juggling my lineup week to week. Next year's draft will likely be another year looking for a top tier RB.
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Who to Start/Bench