Trade proposed... take it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade proposed... take it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade proposed... take it?

Postby IdiotBoy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 am

I'll be giving him Chris Johnson for Jimmy Graham AND Antonio Brown. I'm currently fairly stacked at RB, so I'm not too worried about shedding Chris Johnson, especially since I'm benching his this week anyway. It is a 12-team ESPN league, standard scoring, QB/2RB/2WR/OP ( <- can start a QB in OP spot if I want). Here's my roster:

QB - RG3, Freeman
RB - CJ0K, Lynch, Greene, Spiller, Ronnie Brown (I'll be dumping him shortly)
WR - Roddy, AJ Green, Crabtree, Moss, LaFell
TE - Gresham, Keller
D/ST - NYG
K - Kaeding

There is literally NOBODY on the waiver wire, so I have to roll with only 3 RBs if I make this trade.

Am I going to be sorry for trading away CJ0K, or is this my best chance to get some kinda value from him before he tanks it?

Thanks for the help, and I'll help anyone in return.
IdiotBoy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade proposed... take it?

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:32 am

I think you are giving up too soon on him, your backs aren't as strong as you think...CJ keeps that group's value....you lucked into CJ spiller getting you points now....you do need an upgrade at TE and Brown would be a solid addition to your WR....if this was PPR i'd do it in a heartbeat and trade one of your WR's for a RB .....but since its standard i'd stay put...
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby i_b_sparks » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks for the help on mine! I like the value you are getting for Chris Johnson here. I don't like the idea of dumping Ronnie Brown though. I own Matthews and I'm worried about his health for the whole season so Brown might come i handy later. I think you do the deal and drop Keller because you don't need 3 TE's when you have Graham. Then try to flip Roddy/Greene or Roddy/Spiller for a better RB. You might even be able to target the Matthews owner and propose some sort of trade with Brown in it. Good luck!
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby IdiotBoy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 am

i_b_sparks wrote:Thanks for the help on mine! I like the value you are getting for Chris Johnson here. I don't like the idea of dumping Ronnie Brown though. I own Matthews and I'm worried about his health for the whole season so Brown might come i handy later. I think you do the deal and drop Keller because you don't need 3 TE's when you have Graham. Then try to flip Roddy/Greene or Roddy/Spiller for a better RB. You might even be able to target the Matthews owner and propose some sort of trade with Brown in it. Good luck!

Yeah, actually on the fence about Brown. He had an abysmal game last week and I'm just not sure if he's going to produce at all. Might actually take Brandon Jacobs off the FA list instead. Still deciding on that.

But your advice for flipping Roddy and Spiller may be what I need. I'll give it a whirl.

Still at about 80% on this trade. I know Graham is going to produce, so that is what is tilting the trade in my favor at this point.
IdiotBoy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IdiotBoy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I took the trade. Thanks to both of you for your advice.
IdiotBoy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions