WHY have the Bears NOT upgraded their O-line??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WHY have the Bears NOT upgraded their O-line???

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHY have the Bears NOT upgraded their O-line???

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am

Last night was maybe the third Bears game I have watched in three years and the O-Line has looked abominable in each one. Cutler has been the most sacked QB in the NFL or close to it every year he has been in Chicago and has maybe 2 seconds to survey the field and get rid of the ball before he gets popped on seemingly every play.

Can someone please explain to me why, after several years of this, the Bears have NOT replaced their offensive line???? Are you kidding me???

I happen to think Cutler is a solid QB (especially after seeing him win me a championship while he was in Denver) and find it laughable when I hear "is he tough?" or see a commentary like the article Mike Wilbomb posted on ESPN today saying that Cutler is "not the answer."

Seriously??

I have never seen a QB who gets hit as often as Cutler does and has a O-line as bad as Cutler does get so much blame for an inept O-line and gameplanning.

If someone can please explain to me why the Bears haven't upgraded their offensive line after so many years of this I'd appreciate it.

And no, I did not have Cutler in my lineup last night. I had B Marshall. Way to drop that TD. Turkey.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WHY have the Bears NOT upgraded their O-line???

Postby slowride » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:49 am

As a Cutler owner, trust me when I say, I am sharing your frustration today. Without looking in depth (I'm sure Bears fans are the better source) I think they focus more a defense early in drafts, Carimi was hurt last year so he's practically second year rookie, the other O Line picks have busted out, and of course they gave up all those picks for Cutler in the first place.

Also, the play calling was very suspect in last night's game. With that type of pressure you'd expect some more screens. Particularly some bubble screens to get Marshall the ball and let him do is YAC thing. Not to mention if he had been involved AT ALL he probably would have caught that TD pass...but that's speculation obviously. The Bears were absolutely outcoached.
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting