So... Value of Bush now that Forte Has high ankle sprain... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So... Value of Bush now that Forte Has high ankle sprain...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So... Value of Bush now that Forte Has high ankle sprain

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Bears coach Lovie Smith hopeful Matt Forte will play vs. Cowboys
BY JOE COWLEY jcowley@suntimes.com September 24, 2012 9:42PM

Running back Michael Bush said Sunday that he expected Matt Forte to play against the St. Louis Rams, even with the bad right ankle.

It didn’t happen.

On Monday, coach Lovie Smith said Forte could return to practice this week, and he was hopeful Forte could play against the Cowboys on Monday night in Dallas.

“We have an extra day this week, so we’re hopeful,’’ Smith said. “Eventually we’ll get him back out there. Exactly when, I don’t know right now. I just know every day I see him doing a little bit more, so I’m hopeful.’’

The running game definitely will welcome Forte back to his starting job. With Bush starting, the Bears gained 77 yards on 19 carries in the first half against the Rams but only 26 yards on 15 carries in the second half — including 21 from Jay Cutler on a scramble.

“We started off good early, and I guess they figured out the scheme, and they stopped it at the end,’’ Bush said.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football ... wboys.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Bears remain fluid at running back
With Forte, Bush and Rodriguez nursing ailments, two more backs in for workouts
By Brad Biggs, Chicago Tribune reporter
9:05 p.m. CDT, September 25, 2012

With 60 percent of their running backs uncertain to be available for Monday night's game at Dallas, the Bears brought in two running backs for workouts Tuesday at Halas Hall.

Ryan Grant and Jacob Hester were present along with guard Rishaw Johnson and wide receiver Raymond Radway, according to a source.

The Bears worked out running backs Steve Slaton and DuJuan Harris last Tuesday, so that means they have looked at four backs in eight days while also re-signing Kahlil Bell.

There is no indication another addition is imminent as Grant signed with the Redskins. Bears running back Matt Forte missed Sunday's 23-6 victory over the Rams with a sprained right ankle. Coach Lovie Smith said the team is "hopeful" Forte will return to practice this week and be available against the Cowboys.

But CBS Sports reported Forte is likely to miss one more week and fullback Evan Rodriguez is out a week or two with an MCL sprain in his left knee.

Backup Michael Bush started in place of Forte, but Bell got nearly all of the work in the fourth quarter against the Rams. Considering Bell's fumbling issues at the end of last season, it's worth wondering if he is the back the team would want on the field when trying to run out the clock. Smith was elusive Monday when asked if Bush had been injured.

con't...

more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 9312.story
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelackey92 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Though Forte is expected to play, Bush will most likely be getting the majority of the carries. Dallas ranks 16th in the league against the run, and, even if Forte gets a lot of carries, Bush will be their goal-line back. I'd say his value is high, but not for long.
"In six games as the tail back, I had 18 touchdowns. That's when I knew I had some athletic ability." - LeBron James
joelackey92
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:07 pm

joelackey92 wrote:Though Forte is expected to play, Bush will most likely be getting the majority of the carries. Dallas ranks 16th in the league against the run, and, even if Forte gets a lot of carries, Bush will be their goal-line back. I'd say his value is high, but not for long.

I'd be pretty surprised if Forte plays, and if he does that he would get much of a workload. Bush should be the man for another week at least.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:47 am

Bears' Forte practices, expects to face Cowboys
By Vaughn McClure, Tribune reporter
3:08 p.m. CDT, September 26, 2012

Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte returned to practice Wednesday for the first time since spraining his right ankle against the Green Bay Packers on Sept. 13 and said he thinks he will be able to play Monday night at Dallas.

"As long as you know how to take care of your body, that's how you get back on the field," Forte said. "I've had ankle injuries before and I know how to work with them. You have to want to get back on the field."

Asked point-blank if he'd be ready to go Monday, Forte said, "Yeah."

Forte showed no lingering effects from the injury as he sprinted and made cuts during individual drills. He caught passes and turned up the field without much issue during the viewing period open to the media.

Bears coach Lovie Smith cautioned that Forte still had a long ways to go, but remained optimistic based on Forte's daily improvement. Forte missed last Sunday’s 23-6 win over the St. Louis Rams.

Backup running back Michael Bush, who started against the Rams and took a few hard shots, also participated in individual drills at the start of Wednesday’s practice. Bush apparently banged up his shoulder against the Rams, although he would not confirm the injury.

con't...

more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 8144.story
stomperrob

Previous

Return to Football Talk