DYNASTY LEAGUE ISSUE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

DYNASTY LEAGUE ISSUE

Moderator: Football Moderators

DYNASTY LEAGUE ISSUE

Postby yualreadyknow » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:36 am

If this is not the proper forum for this, I apologize. Just let me know but I gotta ask someone.

I am a long time fantasy player but 1st year Dynasty leaguer. The Commish of this league (for reasons I'm not aware of) has taken every opportunity to antagonize me and try to push me into a bad space. His co-commish wants me to stay in the league but I get the impression this dude does not. I know this is just a game that we play for enjoyment but has anyone seen this before and what steps did you take?

Perhaps I can find another dynasty league while the season's still young?
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DYNASTY LEAGUE ISSUE

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:46 pm

I would say you have two choices, just completely blank him out and laugh at his antics, or if it really bugs ya drop out of the league!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks, Rob. It comes to being that basic. Normally, this would be the first year in five for a dynasty commitment but I'm hanging in.....for now. ALWAYS om the lookout for a dynasty crew that will treat me better but I will hang in. Thanks, bro.
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm

yualreadyknow wrote:Thanks, Rob. It comes to being that basic. Normally, this would be the first year in five for a dynasty commitment but I'm hanging in.....for now. ALWAYS om the lookout for a dynasty crew that will treat me better but I will hang in. Thanks, bro.

Yeah, I know what ya mean - I've been in leagues like that, can take a lot of the fun out it, sometimes I've toughed it out and other times I've walked away (always insuring a replacement is found for me before leaving so as not to screw up things for the other guys).

What really sucks is when ya have a really good dynasty team and ya hate to lose it (I tend to have more patience in those, lol!).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

I posted my dynasty squad and i think its very good so im hanging in.
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THEOT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 pm

As a commissioner of two leagues myself I've always ran mine with the intent that all are treated fairly until they give me reason to act or make a disciplinary action. However I've never had much issue with it although at the moment I have one member who is very passionate and competitive who also happens to be very intelligent but occasionally let's that spill out when something he doesn't like happens. Most recently after a trade with another member that was deemed one sided he went on a bit of a public verbal rampage on our message board against the member calling him an idiot and suggesting that he and others were killing the integrity of the league by making dumb trades. Anyway, we have a policy that unless there is conclusive evidence of collusion any trade accepted will be approved. The reason being is that you can't protect people from making dumb trades, it happens in the nfl sometimes too.

Sorry for the long post but what I did was give the harassing owner a warning that if it happened again he would be out of the league immediately as he has been harassing them for some time and every time it escalates. Unfortunately if you have money into the league you are stuck unless you want to forfeit your fee. If its a free league and it's becoming not fun just bail, a league with a commish like that will be lucky to last 5 years from the sounds of it.

From an Eclipsed GNEX
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Commissioner's Corner