Beginner Question about Defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Beginner Question about Defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Beginner Question about Defense

Postby mgoose288 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:46 am

Is it bad to play a defense that conflicts with one of your offensive players?
Like I have MJD and the Houston defense. They happen to play each other this week.
Will they cancel each other out? If MJD has a great day will Houston not get me as many fantasy points?

Thanks
mgoose288
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Beginner Question about Defense

Postby latraffic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm

This always sucks. I hate it when I have this but it happens a few times every year it seems. You just have to put the best team on the field and let it play out. Just hope that HOU gets lots of picks & sacks while MJD gets one or two short yardage TDs. It's the best you can hope for.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mgoose288 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Do you think it's a good idea to pick up another defense for just this week?
mgoose288
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latraffic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:24 pm

mgoose288 wrote:Do you think it's a good idea to pick up another defense for just this week?

No, I would not. Houston's defense is very good and they should score nice points against JAX. Your call however. :-S
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cards24 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

mgoose288 wrote:Is it bad to play a defense that conflicts with one of your offensive players?
Like I have MJD and the Houston defense. They happen to play each other this week.
Will they cancel each other out? If MJD has a great day will Houston not get me as many fantasy points?

Thanks

This is one of the biggest misconceptions in fantasy football. I know mentally it seems like it has an impact, but in reality you are comparing apples to oranges. You are comparing your RB vs your Def. IN reality what you should be comparing is your starting RBs vs your opponent's starting RBs (and the same with Def). In the end of the day you want to get the MOST points out of your roster for the week as you can.

To summarize, put the best players you think will get you the most points for that week. ;-D
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby latraffic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 am

Cards24 wrote:This is one of the biggest misconceptions in fantasy football. I know mentally it seems like it has an impact, but in reality you are comparing apples to oranges. You are comparing your RB vs your Def. IN reality what you should be comparing is your starting RBs vs your opponent's starting RBs (and the same with Def). In the end of the day you want to get the MOST points out of your roster for the week as you can.

Perfectly said. Not heard it put that way but you are so right. Now that is some excellent advice.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Beginner's Forum