First time FF- advice on team and starters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

First time FF- advice on team and starters

Moderator: Football Moderators

First time FF- advice on team and starters

Postby Australis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey all,

We started a league with 8 first time players. It has basic settings (non-PPR) except for QBs: 6 points for passing/rushing TD, 1 point/20 passing yards, 1 point/10 rushing yards, -1 for sack, -2 for interception. Starting line-up is QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, DEF (with 6 bench players).

My team atm:
QB: Drew Brees, Philip Rivers
RB: MJD, Darren McFadden, Ahmad Bradshaw, Micheal Turner, Mikel LeShoure
WR: Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Boldin, Lance Moore
TE: Jermicheal Finley
DEF: 49ers
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Any thoughts about this team? What position do I need improvement if possible?

I won week 1, but for week 2 I have a couple of questions:
* McFadden as RB1, but do I start Bradshaw or MJD as other RB?
* Do I start Boldin, Bowe or Moore as 3rd WR? I'm thinking Moore because my opponent w2 had Newton as starter (playing against NO this week). As Finley and Marshall didn't score any points vs GB I might need to gamble to win this week. So if I start Moore (and Brees ofc) and NO defeats the Panthers I still might win. Does that make any sense?

I'm really enjoying the depth and decisionmaking inFF, but I feel like I still need to learn a lot. Any help is appreciated!
Australis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First time FF- advice on team and starters

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I think you have a good team. I would look to drop Boldin in a 8 team league for a receiver with more upside. Also look to trade Turner while he still has decent value. Rodgers will take carries away from Turner this season in the up-tempo Atlanta offense. I would start MJD with Jennings out. Bowe is the way to go as a WR3. He is one of the most underrated wide receiver in fantasy. I would not worry about who the other team is starting.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby latraffic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:01 am

I agree. Start MJD as your other RB and Bowe as you third WR.

And try not to get caught up in who the other guy has playing or how well he's scoring. Just focus on your team being the best it can be. It helps keep you sane in the world of FFB. :-b
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:00 pm

11stever11 wrote:Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I think you have a good team. I would look to drop Boldin in a 8 team league for a receiver with more upside. Also look to trade Turner while he still has decent value. Rodgers will take carries away from Turner this season in the up-tempo Atlanta offense. I would start MJD with Jennings out. Bowe is the way to go as a WR3. He is one of the most underrated wide receiver in fantasy. I would not worry about who the other team is starting.

My advice, when this guy talks, listen
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Australis » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:33 am

Hey guys, thanks for the input! I'll try to trade Turner for a WR with more upside.

Another question: How reliable are the yahoo! predicted values? On what are they based? They seem a little off to me.
Australis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Australis wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the input! I'll try to trade Turner for a WR with more upside.

Another question: How reliable are the yahoo! predicted values? On what are they based? They seem a little off to me.

They are not reliable. I am not sure what they are based off of exactly tough. I would use them to your advantage.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Australis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks for the input. Had a close win W2, which wouldn't have happened if I didn't follow your advice on Dwayne Bowe!
Australis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum