can peyton manning stretch the field? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

can peyton manning stretch the field?

Moderator: Football Moderators

can peyton manning stretch the field?

Postby sparky2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Does Peyton Manning have what it takes to stretch the field this sunday? I know ryan can but I feel like manning is more YAC. any thoughts on this.

spark
sparky2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: can peyton manning stretch the field?

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Yes. Okay more. Peyton may or may not have the arm strenth to stretch the field deep. Initially. But he does have the arm strength and knowledge to stretch the field horizontally, which in turn will make the D compress to cover that, leaving them exposed for verticle attacks with well timed passes. So in essence, Manning can "stretch" the field by compressing the coverage.
Or not, pretty tired, could just be rambling. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: can peyton manning stretch the field?

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 pm

And now Peyton will have to get used to a new center because J.D. Walton has a broken ankle, fortunately they have an experienced backup in Dan Koppen:

Broncos' Dan Koppen takes over at center for injured J.D. Walton
Posted: 10/02/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

The rest of the Broncos' offensive linemen had filtered through and out of the locker room Monday afternoon, yet Dan Koppen remained behind, engaged in conversation with two Broncos assistant coaches.

For good reason.

Koppen, one of the newest Broncos, assumes the critical role of starting center this week, officially replacing J.D. Walton, who broke his ankle Sunday against Oakland. Walton was placed on the injured reserve list Monday.

It's merely a coincidence that Koppen makes his first start as a Bronco against the New England Patriots, at Gillette Stadium, the place he called home for the previous nine years.

"I'm sure it's going to be fun. A little bit different, a little bit different view," Koppen
Dan Koppen got plenty of experience with the no-huddle offense in his past job with Tom Brady and the Patriots.
said.

When Koppen gets into his stance, the hands he feels under his backside will belong to Peyton Manning, not Tom Brady.

con't...

more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21 ... er-injured
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk