Pitta v Celek v Cook v FDavis Rank'em WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pitta v Celek v Cook v FDavis Rank'em WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pitta v Celek v Cook v FDavis Rank'em WHIR

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:00 pm

So I picked up Pitta earlier in the week, but now Celek and Cook have also cleared waivers, and I'm in the process of landing Fred Davis via trade. I definitely need to use 1 of these players, and I might need to use a 2nd one if Steve Smith misses the game on Sunday. Here's what I'm thinking so far: (PPR - receptions are 0.5 pts)

Pitta vs PHI: Great matchup, in that the corners are excellent and Flacco might need bailing out, and that's Pitta's job.

Celek vs. BAL: Same as Pitta, Vick will need a lot of bailing out. Also looks to be one of the better long-term keeper options.

Cook vs. SD: If my boy Brandon Myers, a terrible receiver and total blocking TE, can get 60+ yards on the Chargers, what can an athletic, catching-only TE like Cook put up against them? Also looks to be one of the better long-term keepers.

Davis vs. STL: The Rams D has improved, but they got stomped by the TEs of Detroit last week. Fluke, or trend? Also one of the long term keepers.

So who do I start this week? And which 2 do I keep on the roster? Thanks!
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pitta v Celek v Cook v FDavis Rank'em WHIR

Postby pocrates » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Here are my rankings:

Davis
Cook
Pitta
Celek

As for keepers, I'd go with Davis and Cook. I think Davis is going to be worked more into the passing game and I think he is the most talented out of the list. As for Cook, his valued is limited by the QB situation in Ten and I suspect CJ will get going at some point in this season. Pitta is definitely sharing targets and plays. I think Celek has big upside, but Phi has never worked him too effectively into the offensive scheme.

Help:
viewtopic.php?t=520159
pocrates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby veera1078 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 pm

How in the world do you have room for 4 TE's?

I'd say start Cook and Davis this week. I would keep Celek and Davis long term though.
veera1078
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Only have room for 2, Cook and Celek are currently free agents that just cleared waivers
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Postby kg112686 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Start Davis and keep him and Cook. Pitta is a very good tight end but so is Dickson so they will take catches away from each other. Celek is a solid tight end but nothing special. He could have a huge week but then disappear for the next 3. He is too unpredictable for me. Davis and Cook are on teams with young starting quarterbacks and young QB's tend to rely on the TE's more from what i've seen.
kg112686
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Who to Start/Bench