Bradshaw or Green-Ellis? Rudolph or Witten? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bradshaw or Green-Ellis? Rudolph or Witten? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bradshaw or Green-Ellis? Rudolph or Witten? WHIR

Postby joegoody41 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm

For my RB2:
Bradshaw vs. TB
or
Green-Ellis vs. CLE

Leaning towards BJGE, because Bradshaw's matchup isn't very good.

For my TE:
Rudolph @ IND
or
Witten @ SEA

Rudolph has a great matchup and started the year well. Witten is probably the better player and in a better offense, but is he fully healthy?

Leave a link and I'll help you out. Thanks.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bradshaw or Green-Ellis? Rudolph or Witten? WHIR

Postby spookyman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I would start LawFirm and Witten.

Help me out if you have time.
viewtopic.php?t=520170
spookyman
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby pocrates » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Bradshaw vs. Green-Ellis is a tough decision. I would suggest playing Bradshaw against TB, even though they were very effective against Carolina last week. Keep in mind, TB was the WORST run defense last year, where they gave up almost 2500 yards and 26 TDs (this is 7 more than any other team). Given their lack of major off-season acquisitions, I highly doubt they repeat that performance. However, the Law Firm looked good against a solid Bal rush defense, but I suspect Dalton and Green will have a big game since Cle lacks their shut-down CB.

I would start Witten over Rudoloph, but again, its a bit of toss up. As previously mentioned, Witten is more talented than Rudoloph, but his health is a major question mark and SEA defense is fairly good against TEs. As for Rudoloph, he's a matchup nightmare for IND, but I suspect a run heavy game from Min.
pocrates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kg112686 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:51 pm

I would go with Green-Ellis because you know he is going to get his carries against a not so great Browns defense against the run. Wilson is going to get more carries this week for the Giants which means less for Bradshaw whereas Cincinnati doesn't really have a healthy backup to BJGE right now.

Dallas has so many receiving weapons that Witten could lose balls to Bryant, Austin and now Ogletree. Rudolph has a great matchup against a pitiful Colts defense so I see Ponder leaning heavily on his tight end.
kg112686
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RiotBoi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:17 pm

I'd start bradshaw. He has more ways of getting points than ellis. Ellis doesn't go for passes as much. He also isn't as elusive. Also, despite the Browns' offense, their defense is decent this year, at least better than the buccs'.

With peterson showing us he's back, rudolph won't get as many looks due to more running plays. Not to mention the iffy QB situation in minnesota and the only threat through the air is harvin, which means opposing defense can focus on the receivers(including TEs) more than if there was a decent WR2. And witten of course is with the better QB, better offense, and in general better team.

Help me out?:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=520190
RiotBoi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Return to Who to Start/Bench