which one do you favor more???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

which one do you favor more????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which would you prefer, playoffs, or 17 game regular season?

Playoffs
91%
17 game regular season, top team record wise wins all
9%

Total votes : 33

which one do you favor more????

Postby BradtheImpaler » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:08 pm

playoffs of any sort, or just 17 game race to the finish?

chime in folks!

I was a rook last year and we did the 17 game thing, and that was alright, plus i knocked a team outta the lead in week 15 or 16, so that made me feel all good about myself....this will be the first season for my league to do playoffs, but the commish screwed up, cause all the teams are getting in, so #1 face #8 next week.....and #8 has faulk, bruce, and holt....yikes!
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:11 pm

playoffs.
Last edited by Football Newbie on Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:15 pm

...I think he means fantasy football.

I've never played in a race to the finish type league before, but in my experience with the playoffs leagues, I've found that it keeps more owners involved (if it's a redraft). With playoff spots available, there's at least two or three teams fighting for that last spot...

Although the #1 team often finds himself getting screwed over come playoff time, I think the risk of ghost teams making any appearances decreases as long as there's a chance to keep the season going as opposed to losing your first four games, then turning it all around to find that there are still plenty of teams ahead of you in the race and it's too late to make a serious run.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

How's that for a run-on sentence? ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby BradtheImpaler » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:20 pm

yeah, i suppose in a 17 game season, if you start in the toilet, with an 0-4/1-5 record, it might mean you have no chance of making up much ground, since there are no playoffs....however it is more likely to crown the best team overall as the champion...its a double edged sword i guess.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:27 pm

Definitely play-offs, they are one of the most exciting things in fantasy football. You work all season to get one of those play-off spots and it all comes down to two weeks. Plus, if you just did it by the best record at the end of the year, you could end up with lots of ties and might have to pull out the BCS.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:50 pm

playoffs
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:48 pm

Playoffs are the way to go, IMO. If I had to play a 17 game season, is there then a way to have a redraft for the playoffs? Have the top seed choose first. maybe have a redraft each round so that an early playoff loss dosen't kill the ff owner if they make the next round.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:59 pm

Playoffs, and consolation playoffs is the way to go, that way everyone plays the season out execpt for the last 2 teams, like myself, in a 12 team league

Though i'm #2 in the playoffs in another pickup league, and there aren't consolation games.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:02 pm

Playoffs make it soooo much more interesting. Otherwise, why play H2H? Set it up for a points league instead.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:29 pm

To quote Jim Mora (in a slightly different context):

"Playoffs?!?!"

BTW, if anyone has access to that classic sound bite, please leave a link for me!!!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk