Need to pikc up a defensive player to sub for Colin McCarthy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Need to pikc up a defensive player to sub for Colin McCarthy

Need to pikc up a defensive player to sub for Colin McCarthy

Postby mike208 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 am

All the websites are raving about Chandler Jones, and he had a big first week. But I am able to start any defensive position and it seems to me like linebackers are in general more likely to be productive then defensive ends. But some people are calling this kid the next JPP. Wesley Woodyard is another name I am strongly considering. Other options are Paris Lennon, Ed Reed, Larry Foote, Kurt Coleman. Any thoughts who I should get? Thanks!
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need to pikc up a defensive player to sub for Colin McCa

Postby JeRmZ » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Kind of hard to say without you giving us some options really ... you say you can plug & play ANY position, then I'd agree and say "typically" LB's can score higher than any other positions, but it also depends on scoring format ... if there are big play points given for INT's/TD and such then DB's can score high, if there are big play points for sacks and solo tackles the DL's can score big.

I'd say if you can list maybe the top 5 players available on your WW from each position someone could potentially pick out a starter for you.

note, I have Chandler Jones on my squad and he is beast, he was on the field nearly every defensive snap the Patriots played and that is a huge plus ... you don't want to pick a 2 down LB or a 1-2 down DL player.
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to IDP