Wilkins is da man! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wilkins is da man!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wilkins is da man!

Postby Txagy1 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:03 pm

Gotta like winning your first round because Wilkins ran for 7 yards.
Txagy1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:42 pm

i could see if it was 10 yards, but how did 7 yards get you a point?

you must have a high scoring league
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby greatgretzky » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:31 pm

i have a low scoring league and the seven didn't really matter, it was a fractional point. But he is da man. I was in a bloodbath game this week, I had mcnabb, portis and tomlinson, my opponent had henry, randy moss, jamal lewis and the jax defense. I saw portis' five td's and thought it was wrapped.

anyway, going into sunday 5 way tie for the remaining three playoff spots. seed number two has a thre epoint lead with faulk and holt going into monday. he wins and I am staring down the barrell of a first round matchup with the leading team and a certian exit based on matchups. Well wilkins goes buck wild and outscores faulk and holt, wins the game, dumping number two to six and moving me up to prime seeding position. sweet.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:33 pm

Jeff Wilkins. The forgotten one.

Basically the guy is on the majority of my fantasy teams and has been huge pretty much the entire year - obviously, hes the top rated K as of right now.

At the beginning of the yr I know that a lot of us here thought Yahoo's ranking of him was ridiculous since he was pretty much available in the last rd of virtually every draft.

What can you say about a guy who has kicked 33 FGs in only 13 games? Whats the record?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:11 pm

I drafted Wilkins as my reserver kicker under Jeff Reed for Pittsburgh. I promptly dumped him, and he stayed on the wire for about 5 weeks until someone picked him up for a bye. Then, they immediately dumped him again even after he scored about 14 points that game. I snatched him back and haven't looked back. The dude has gotten me over 10 points just about every week. Kickers and defenses are more important than some people realize!!!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Go Packers » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:08 am

In the draft I drafted Martin Gramatica. The person who had wilkins dropped him for Elam. Another Person picked him up for a bye week then immediaetly dropped him. After week 7 when I was 2-4 I was angry and totaly changed my team. Wilkins was available on the waver wire. I got rid of Gramatica (was sick of him kicking EP only) and picked up Wilkins and have not regreted it. A great move. Kickers and Def and TE make a difference. Since then I have been on a 6 game win streak and just cliched a playoff spot and am guarenteed to finish in the top 2 with 1 game left before the playoffs. It was not just because of Wilkins but it made a diffenerence. Also great pickuos like S. Moss, Pennington and Steve Smith and Domanick Davis+ Westbrook. The same with recently Picking up Boo Williams. Have had him for 2 weeks and he has almost outscored what Bubba Franks did the whole season in the 2 weeks ive owned him.

My losing team week 7
QB: David Carr
RB: Portis
RB: D. Davis (his first game) used to be Dunn when he was unpreductive.
WR: Torry Holy
WR: Donald Driver
WR: Joey Galloway
TE: Franks
K: Gramatica
DEF: Ravens

My dominating week 14 team
QB: Pennington (should of played Mcnabb)
RB: Portis (sick game)
RB: Westbrook (D. Davis injured)
WR: Torry Holy
WR: S. Moss
WR: S. Smith
TE: Boo Williams
K: Wilkins
DEF: Ravens
Go Packers

Friendliness: %

Postby Stingy D » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:50 am

Yeh, Steve Smith has been a great pick-up this year. I am set @ WR, but he has put up some monster games. The PR stats really make him go up in value, in leagues that credit those yards.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Txagy1 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:46 am

We give points for fractions..IE if someone rushes for 52 yards, you get 5.2 points. I won 92.5 to 92.2.
Txagy1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:45 am

Here's a good quesiton. Who's a better fantasy kicker: Wilkins or Vandy?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:06 pm

Good question. As of right now they are rated 1-2 and there is a drop off after them. Van the Man was rated a top 3 K at the beginning of the yr, while Wilkins was outside the top 15 (according to Yahoo). With that in mind, the better value pick was obviously Wilkins.
The majority of a Ks value is determined by his team, it will always be that way.
As for which one has more talent, I guess I would give the edge to Van. As for who is the most skilled K in the NFL, one has to take a long look at Jason Hanson, the guy just doesnt miss.

Anyone know what the record for most FGs in a season is? Wilkins has got to be approaching it.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk