Wilkins is da man! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wilkins is da man!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby latraffic » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:10 pm

If both were out there and I had to get one, I'd go with Van the Man just because Coach Martz is crazy (like a fox some might say) and tends to go for it on 4th downs and do trick plays and such which just screws up the simple stats for just kickin' the dang ball when you're in the red zone and it's 4th down. Wilkins has been a stud this year though and I'd have been glad to have him over my loser - Brien...
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:41 pm

Vanderjagt actually has more FG's than Wilkins thanks to his 5 last Sunday. Wilkins has 34 I think and Vanderjagt has 35. Plus, Vanderjagt hasn't missed this year so he is approaching Gary Anderson's record for consecutive FG's at 40. They are essentially even, but I would give the edge to Vanderjagt because he just hasn't missed at all this year. Wilkins has two misses, so he's not far behind.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Stingy D » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:01 pm

Watching Vandy kick those two clutch 50+ yard field goals last year in Denver, in the snow, made me a firm believer that he is the man. And if he gets the consecutive FG record, that will just confirm it.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bazooka » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:25 pm

LOVE Wilkins. I had picked him up off waivers about six games into the season and I think he's tanked for me maybe once. Like you, I also had Portis. Got the Rams D, too, and it has been huge the past couple weeks.
Bazooka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk