HELP A GIRL! T Young, L Robinson, E Sanders or Heath Miller? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

HELP A GIRL! T Young, L Robinson, E Sanders or Heath Miller?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: HELP A GIRL! T Young, L Robinson, E Sanders or Heath Mil

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Oh yeah, and Meachen would be the way I'd go with this choice. Best player on the best team of the options provided.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pinkgator416 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Ugh!

What happened to Meachem!?????
pinkgator416
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:07 pm

pinkgator416 wrote:Ugh!

What happened to Meachem!?????

The same thing that happened to Miller and Titus.

Nobody showed up this week for you, unfortunately.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)

Postby pinkgator416 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 am

Heath Miller was pretty solid! 9 more pts than the rest of them!
pinkgator416
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 am

pinkgator416 wrote:Heath Miller was pretty solid! 9 more pts than the rest of them!

Sometimes you just have to trust yourself. You had the right guy in your lineup to begin with. Even the best fantasy forecasters look foolish a lot of the time (Matthew Berry anybody?).

Heath Miller is a bit of a surprise with two TDs in two weeks, and it is hard to imagine him keeping that up, but he may in fact be a better option than those WRs. It is a moot point now anyway, as you are going to have to replace Hernandez with Miller do to the Hernandez injury. (You had some bad luck with Bradshaw and Hernandez I see).

Of those WRs, I do think Meachem has the most upside of that underwhelming bunch you currently have (excluding Harvin of course), but he has yet to show any chemistry with his new QB. Hopefully that will come. He did get four targets this week, so they are trying to get him involved in the offense at least. That being said, I would keep him on your bench until he shows something on the field.

In your case, I think you have a close call on those flex spots between a bunch of guys (and not in a good way unfortunately). I would definitely be watching the waiver wire for better flex options.

The guys I'm targeting on the waiver wire this week are Brandon Lafell (WR), Dennis Pitta (TE), and Darryl Richardson (RB), all of whom I think would benefit your roster.

Very importantly for you is getting Andre Brown (RB-NY) on your roster as insurance for Ahmad Bradshaw. This should be your highest priority this week.

I would not hesitate to drop any of those bench WRs for any of the above mentioned waiver claims.

Take it with a grain of salt, but that is my advice.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby pinkgator416 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks for the advice!

Apparently our league is really deep because all the people you suggested are taken... I did have Andre Brown and the 3rd stringer on my pickup list after Ahmad went down. I also am trying to pick up Rosario... But we shall see!

Thanks again! And I'll take any other advice!!!
pinkgator416
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Who to Start/Bench