Rate and tell me why im losing WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate and tell me why im losing WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate and tell me why im losing WHIR

Postby seanman05 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Hello everyone. I'm about to go 0-2 and I thought my team was good. Looking for advice please. It's a 14 team league.

QB (start 1) - Rivers, Big Ben
RB (start 2) - MJD, Jamal Charles, Beanie Wells, David Wilson
WR (start 3) - Fitzgerald, Colston, Malcolm Floyd, James Jones
TE (start 1) - Gresham, Colby Fleener, Dante Rosario
K (start 1) - Alex Henery
DEF (start 1) - Bengals

I had Cam Newton but traded him for Rivers and Jamal Charles because after MJD I didn't like my other rb's. I just picked up Rosario after his huge game since Gresham and Fleener aren't doing too well. But my receivers are not doing anything (minus Floyd who I sat for James Jones this week since Jennings was out), Charles didn't do a damn thing today, tight ends arent' doing anything. I can't figure it out. Is my team bad or am I just getting unlucky?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
seanman05
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate and tell me why im losing WHIR

Postby tjranum » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 am

That Cam Newton trade was iffy. I'll be the first one to admit I thought he was not going to do as good as he has this season, but Jamaal Charles is a player I would have avoided even before today. Coming off an injury and having to share the backfield with two other running backs makes for a risky pick. MJD having little to no training camp with his holdout would have worried me, but I think as the season goes on he will get better. With your wide receivers I would just say you are unlucky. I don't think anybody was expecting Larry Fitzgerald to have such a slow start, but he is a good WR and he will still put up some good fantasy points when the season is over. TE's are very weak. Rosario might be a good pickup, but when Gates comes back he might not be getting much playing time.

Overall to be honest, your team is a little weak. IF MJD and Fitzgerald can get themselves back to their last year form and Jamaal Charles somehow starts to play like he did in 2009/2010 seasons then you might have a shot.
tjranum
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mizou » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:00 am

I gotta agree with above. With all respect, your team's a little thin.

QBs, I actually like them. Big Ben has been efficient, though not killer spectacular in his new offense (even outscored Brady in my league today). Rivers will be up and down, but good. I might look to move one of them.

RBs, I'll agree with your trade. It was a bit iffy, but you really needed to bring in another RB. Charles wouldn't have been the one I'd pick though, given his knee, and backfield issues.

WRs are good, but in a slump. I have Jordy Nelson who is doing the same thing to me. Fitz, Colston, and Floyd should form a more than adequate trio.

TE.. Eh. I liked Gresham coming in.. but he's not performing too well. Is a guy like Fred Davis or Jared Cook available? You might even want to try out Heath Miller.

Overall.. I'd probably try and trade a QB for a RB, or a RB and TE.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=520621
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby seanman05 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm

You guys have to understand that it is a 14 person league so every team is thin somewhere, no one is stacked in all positions.

I appreciate the input. I'm trying to unload Ben and get a RB and/or TE. MJD is doing fine for me as is, I don't see a drop in his production from last year. It's Fitz who I'm worried about.

Anywho, thanks for the advice I'm gonna try and wheel and deal I guess.
seanman05
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings