It's early, but looking forward, Brady v Griffin III? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

It's early, but looking forward, Brady v Griffin III?

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's early, but looking forward, Brady v Griffin III?

Postby Harktheclark » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:20 pm

I have both Tom Brady and Robert Griffin III in an 8-team league. I know that Brady is a much better QB, and should be seen as the better fantasy option, but it seems like Washington is really letting Griffin go for it and make plays, and he is responding well, putting up 54 points in 2 weeks in my league. Brady had a good showing in the first game, but he has been outperformed 2 straight weeks by Griffin III.

It's risky, and I'm not sure I would do it every week, but am I crazy for wanting to start Griffin III at home against Cincinnati? I feel like he can have a strong week against them, and I NEED the points he's putting up.

Am I nuts?
Harktheclark
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: It's early, but looking forward, Brady v Griffin III?

Postby BuckAv » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 pm

I am in the same situation with RG3 and Brees and was looking for the same advice here. Part of what affects me is that there are guys in my league who are in need of a QB, and would kill for either of mine. So, I am leaning towards giving RG3 a start and seeing if anyone will blow me away with a trade for Brees.

I might be nuts, though.
BuckAv
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Harktheclark » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Yeah, the problem with my league is, since its an 8 team league, every team is pretty stacked. There are a couple of teams who might be interested, I know one for a fact that one team has Matt Stafford and Matt Schaub, so maybe I can try to talk her into a trade. But which one should I offer?
Harktheclark
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BuckAv » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Obviously, keeping/starting Brady (Brees, in my case) is the safe move. RG3 has more upside, but you have to be open to ridicule from the rest of your league if you trade way Brady for someone who ends up struggling.

I am in a 12 team league that only pays out for 1st place. As I see it, I might as well take a risk or two, since playing it safe is a good way to end up in third or so.
BuckAv
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Harktheclark » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 pm

I know it, for sure. But I am playing with a bunch of friends for fun. I dunno, something in me wants to ride RGIII and get some extra help from dumping off Brady. Whichever my choice, it doesn't make much sense for me to keep one of them on my bench when I have areas which need to be addressed. And in an 8-team league, there are plenty of solid plays to find at QB. Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman are all available to start a bye week/provide some help if there's an injury.
Harktheclark
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench