**BUMP** BRADY TRADE!! WHIR!!******************* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

**BUMP** BRADY TRADE!! WHIR!!*******************

Moderator: Football Moderators

**BUMP** BRADY TRADE!! WHIR!!*******************

Postby werbs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 am

OK so this has been the most unfortunate week in Fantasy Football in my life. My team is in my signature below. But, 3 of my starters (Forte, Hernandez, and Bradshaw) got injured this week and at least two of them (Forte and Hernandez) will be out for 4-6 weeks. I won week 1 and lost week 2 but I am thinking that at this point I have 2 options.

1) Keep my team as is and sacrifice the next 4-6 weeks with pretty much a guaranteed loss each of those weeks without my star players, hoping that after that when my team is back and healthy, I will be able win the last 6 games or so and finish with a record of 7-6 (which should be enough to make the playoffs), and even win the league after that. I could try working the waiver wire and maybe even win a week or 2 while my guys are still injured, but we'll see - that may be wishful thinking. When healthy I think I have the best team in the league that could take it all the way. But if I can't even make it to the playoffs b/c of injuries, it won't matter.

2) I think I can make the following trade. I give up Brady and Kevin Smith, and in return, I get Ray Rice and Rivers. This will definitely help me in the short term, but not having Brady in the playoffs could hurt me in the long term. Plus the person I would be trading with has the only team in the league that could beat mine if we faced each other in the playoffs - and by giving him Brady I could be giving him the one thing he needs to beat me (even though I'm getting Rice).

So I'm in a bit of a pickle and I would love some expert advice from you fine gentleman.

Leave a link. Thanks fellas.
Last edited by werbs on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 team non PPR league

My team:
QB: Brady
RB: Rice
RB: T. Rich
WR:B. Marshall
WR:D. Moore
TE:Hernandez
FX: Stewart
D:Vikings
K:Hanson

Bench:
Freeman
M. Bush
Murray
Britt
Antonio Brown
Gresham
Keller
werbs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: BRADY TRADE!! WHIR!!*******************

Postby chargergdm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 am

You can still sell Forte pretty high right now. I wouldn't jump the gun on giving Brady to your biggest competition at this point. See if you can trade Forte/Bradshaw for some kind of RB/TE or WR combo. BJGE is going to be a workhorse this year with plenty of goal line looks. Trent Richardson is another idea. Do their owners have any interesting TE's or WR's you could pick up? What about giving away Bradshaw for Michael Bush and a TE to hold you over until Forte and Hernandez come back? There are also a few TE's you could grab off waivers to hold you over. Bennett is looking like a big part of the Giants offense. Chandler is always a red zone threat for the Bills. Some RB waiver options also. Jackie Battle tore it up on the ground for SD today. I'm guessing Ryan Mathews won't be given all the touches as soon as he gets back. Mikel Leshoure is coming back for the Lions. He's a big RB with a lot of talent and has a good chance of grabbing the starting role from Smith.

Good luck!
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby werbs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 am

Gotcha - It didnt look like Bradshaw's injury was too serious anyway but we'll see Monday. You never know with that guy. Also Brown filled in for him instead of Wilson and Looked really good. Maybe even good enough for a time share even if Bradshaw isn't going to miss time. What do you think?
10 team non PPR league

My team:

Bench:
Freeman
M. Bush
Murray
Britt
Antonio Brown
Gresham
Keller
werbs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chargergdm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 am

Coughlin isn't happy with Wilson. He has a low tolerance for fumblers, and right now, Wilson is a fumbler. He got 3 touches today. Andre Brown got 13 touches and a TD, averaging 5.5 ypc. I don't see Wilson being a huge part of the offense until he can prove to Coughlin that he doesn't have slippery hands. Bradshaw did jog off and was on the sidelines later in the game, so I don't imagine his injury will keep him out for any significant time. He'll still be the go-to guy, but Brown's play may have earned him a spot on Coughlin's playbook...maybe 10-15 carries with Bradshaw back? But that might still be a stretch.

Your biggest concern has to be filling the TE spot with someone that will put 7-15 pts on the board for you. Murray, Bradshaw, and Smith isn't a bad set of RB's, but if you think you need some more steam to win the early weeks, selling Forte high isn't a bad gamble. I'd still hold off until his injury report is complete..Wednesday or so. Still could only be a couple weeks before he's back. You could also consider trying to sell Smith/Leshoure or Smith/Mendenhall for Michael Bush.

I'm in the same boat as you with Hernandez. Good news is that the x-rays are negative. Most likely a high ankle sprain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 3 weeks. Coby Fleener, Bennett, Chandler, or Rosario (stretch) will be my TE targets depending on the week's events.

Edit: Back to your original idea..Take a look at Rivers' performance this week. He was very close to 4 TD's if Ronnie Brown could have stretched a bit more. He used to be an elite fantasy option before his interception frenzy last year. If you can make a move for Rice, it may work out for you in the long run. Rivers should have 18-25 pts per week. Rice should have 12-23 per week. Brady will probably end up with 20-28 weekly. If you can have Rice/Forte/Murray at the end of the season, you'll be a tough team to face.
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Footballfev » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 am

Forte out of 4-6 weeks? Where did you hear that? Last I checked it was a high ankle sprain. He was walking on it on the sideline and walked to the locker room on his own in Thursday's game. My sources are saying he could be ready to go by next week.
12 Team 1.0 PPR (2-2)
QB: Newton, Wilson
RB: CJ2K, T. Richardson, D. Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, Lloyd, Blackmon, Hartline
TE: Finley
D: 49ers
Footballfev
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby werbs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 am

^^^High ankle sprains are a very bad injury. It prevents cutting and planting. Forte will be out 4 weeks at best. Hernandez probably also has the same injury but a bit more severe and will most likely be out closer to 6 weeks. No way on Earth Forte plays this coming week. He will be sidelined for a month. Really big bummer dude.
Last edited by werbs on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 team non PPR league

My team:

Bench:
Freeman
M. Bush
Murray
Britt
Antonio Brown
Gresham
Keller
werbs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby paperstacks1980 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 am

chargergdm wrote:You can still sell Forte pretty high right now. I wouldn't jump the gun on giving Brady to your biggest competition at this point. See if you can trade Forte/Bradshaw for some kind of RB/TE or WR combo. BJGE is going to be a workhorse this year with plenty of goal line looks. Trent Richardson is another idea. Do their owners have any interesting TE's or WR's you could pick up? What about giving away Bradshaw for Michael Bush and a TE to hold you over until Forte and Hernandez come back? There are also a few TE's you could grab off waivers to hold you over. Bennett is looking like a big part of the Giants offense. Chandler is always a red zone threat for the Bills. Some RB waiver options also. Jackie Battle tore it up on the ground for SD today. I'm guessing Ryan Mathews won't be given all the touches as soon as he gets back. Mikel Leshoure is coming back for the Lions. He's a big RB with a lot of talent and has a good chance of grabbing the starting role from Smith.

Good luck!

agreed
paperstacks1980
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby werbs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 pm

BUMP*** anymore thoughts on this??
10 team non PPR league

My team: