Andre Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Brown

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 am

Interesting the Giants chose him over David Wilson to carry the load when Bradshaw went down:

Running back Andre Brown stepped up for Giants when Ahmad Bradshaw went down
Jorge Castillo/The Star-Ledger By Jorge Castillo/The Star-Ledger
on September 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM, updated September 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Andre Brown got a ring and now he’s got a touchdown.

When Brown, listed as the Giants’ third-string running back, arrived at MetLife Stadium today, he expected a role limited to special teams, as it was against the Dallas Cowboys in the season opener.

Instead, starter Ahmad Bradshaw was sidelined with a neck injury in the second quarter and the Giants turned to Brown, known for his celebratory Super Bowl catch phrase, over rookie David Wilson to shoulder the load.

The third-year player capitalized with 71 yards on 13 carries and his first career touchdown, a 2-yard run late in the fourth quarter that proved to be the winner in the Giants’ 41-34 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

“It just feels awesome, especially (given) my situation,” said Brown, who was on the practice squad last season and entered the game with two career carries. “(I) went active, inactive, cut 18 million times and finally get an opportunity like this.”

It was the type of performance the Giants needed after struggling on the ground for the majority of their 24-17 loss to the Cowboys. Bradshaw finished with 17 carries for 78 yards and a touchdown against Dallas, but nearly half of the production came on a 33-yard run in the fourth quarter.

con't...

more: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012 ... cart_river
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Andre Brown

Postby TitsMcGahee » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 am

Is he worth picking up? Considering Bradshaws injury and how David Wilson has been struggling?
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm wondering the same thing...

Considering the Giants play Thursday night, I doubt Bradshaw plays.

Very curious to see how the NYG backfield plays out - would think that it ends up being a true RBBC, but who knows.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Anthony777 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm

I picked him up in one of my leagues (first come first serve as opposed to waivers). I will probably make a grab for him in my other two leagues (waivers). He's worth picking up on the off-chance i can use him on Thursday.
Anthony777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mean One » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Wilson has one fumble and a pass slip through his hands in the red zone to date this season so he is in Coughlin's doghouse. I have waiver claims on Brown in all my leagues. I suspect he will be the starter for the Giants this Thursday night.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby TitsMcGahee » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 am

How much would you guys pay for Andre Brown on waivers with $100 year budget? I am think like $15 right now to get him.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Is he worth the #1 waiver? I have Sproles and Greene starting for me this week (since Forte is going to be missing time). Is Brown a better start vs Carolina than Greene vs Miami?

EDIT: Just did a little research after posting this to answer my own question.

Brown will probably see the majority of the carries this week and Carolina is ranked 28th in YPG in rush defense. Carolina has also given up the 2nd most FPPG vs RBs in my league. I'm going to start Brown with confidence at RB2 this week. ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby TaDa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Is he worth the #1 waiver? I have Sproles and Greene starting for me this week (since Forte is going to be missing time). Is Brown a better start vs Carolina than Greene vs Miami?

EDIT: Just did a little research after posting this to answer my own question.

Brown will probably see the majority of the carries this week and Carolina is ranked 28th in YPG in rush defense. Carolina has also given up the 2nd most FPPG vs RBs in my league. I'm going to start Brown with confidence at RB2 this week. ;-D

I'd start anyone over Greene this week. Miami shut DMC down. They will stifle Greene. I have bid in for Brown since I have Bradshaw. If I get him, I will start him over Chris Johnson.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby TitsMcGahee » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:12 am

I am gonna start him over SJax this week. Took this risk and got him for $5.
Last edited by TitsMcGahee on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

I'll certainly be starting him in my 16-teamer in favor of the swill I have at RB2 with Forte down ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk