Changing a rule midseason... matchup tiebreaker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Changing a rule midseason... matchup tiebreaker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Changing a rule midseason... matchup tiebreaker

Postby jay0582 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am

In an ESPN league I am in there was a tie this week. I am not going to say which side of the fence I am on, but I am pretty sure I am the only one in the league on a forum like this so I figured I would ask.

The two players tie. There is no tie breaker in force. We usually vote on any rule changes in the off season right before the draft. Also, this rule was the same last year but there were no ties. The one player is happy to have pulled into a tie. The other slightly frustrated but acceting it. The frustrated player would have won the tiebreaker if it was bench points or QB scoring. Both players accept the tie and talk about it in a thread. The commissioner then comments and says he overlooked that and doesnt want a tie and we should vote for a tiebreaker.

Should this be allowed or voted on? .. or Should the rule stay the same this year and both players get a tie? Any opinions appreciated.
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Changing a rule midseason... matchup tiebreaker

Postby Cards24 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:25 pm

At this point of the game the damage has been done. The best option would be to keep the tie as is. "IF" for the better of the league, the commish thinks there should be one clear cut winner, the ONLY option at this point would be to declare the winner with a coin toss. Only after this situation is resolved should the league vote on a rule pertaining to tie breakers going forward.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ffstosh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Agreed, you can't use what if rules to break a tie that already happened. Unless your league feels some dire need to break ties, I wouldn't change it this year. If its decided that it needs to be broken, only a game of chance like a coin flip should be used.
ffstosh
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:50 am

Cards24 wrote:At this point of the game the damage has been done. The only option would be to keep the tie as is.

FYP ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner