Need Help w/ Counter offer for horrible trade WHiR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Help w/ Counter offer for horrible trade WHiR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Help w/ Counter offer for horrible trade WHiR

Postby Lando50 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

He Gets
Gronk
Richardson

I get:
Calvin Johnson
Pierre Thomas

This is obviously a lopsided trade, but I would love to get Megatron because I have Stafford and doubling up would be great.

A little background
-This is a 10 team Auction Keeper League with a bunch of college buddies that we've been doing for a decade.
-The first year you have a keeper you can keep that player for $0 against your cap, after that you keep the players based on their production. So Megatron was kept this season so it would cost a lot to keep him and Richardson would be free next year.
-0.5 PPR league with standard scoring otherwise.

*denotes keepers from last year who would be a cap hit based on performance this year

My Team
QB: STAFFORD*, flacco
RB: RICHARDSON, SPROLES*, ben tate, shonn green
WR: NICKS, ANTONIO BROWN, cobb, denarious moore, titus young
RB/WR: BRANDON LLOYD
TE: GRONK*
K: CROSBY
D: TEXANS

His Team
QB: BRADY*, schaub
RB: PETERSON, deangelo williams, pierre thomas, hillis, mendenhall
WR: MEGATRON*, RODDY WHITE*, decker, mike wallace, colston
RB/WR: ?
TE: GREG OLSEN
K: GOULD
D: PITT

I would consider Hicks and Sproles for Megatron and somebody, but I'm leaning toward just rejecting it and asking him to make another offer. I like my squad, but would love to get Megatron if possible

Give me your thoughts, WHiR
Lando50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Help w/ Counter offer for horrible trade WHiR

Postby saemick » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm

the Nicks & Sproles for Megatreon & "X" wouldn't be a bad trade; problem is I don't know who you'd plug into your RB2 spot. Sure Tate had a good week this week, but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with him as my 2nd RB.

the only way I give up Richardson is if you get back Peterson in return....and even then, giving up TRich & Gronk for AP & Calvin is a good trade for you (IMO), I'm not sure if a.) he's accept that & b.) what's available on your ww for TE's...

thanks for the help with mine; I had a follow-up to your post. take a look if you have a sec:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=520637
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lando50 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 pm

You think Megatron and Peterson is possible to get without giving up Gronk, he is by far the best TE especially with Hernandez out, TRICH and Hicks enough? TRICH hicks and brown? Obviously he is doing this deal to bolster his RBs , I feel the strength of my team is WR but if Trich is 3/4 of what he showed this week, I have a balanced team with very little RB depth (I really like Sproles in this league's scoring format). Still leaning toward rejecting this trade.
Lando50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby disasterisk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Lando50 wrote:You think Megatron and Peterson is possible to get without giving up Gronk, he is by far the best TE especially with Hernandez out, TRICH and Hicks enough? TRICH hicks and brown? Obviously he is doing this deal to bolster his RBs , I feel the strength of my team is WR but if Trich is 3/4 of what he showed this week, I have a balanced team with very little RB depth (I really like Sproles in this league's scoring format). Still leaning toward rejecting this trade.

Gronk isn't "by far" the best TE.

You don't have the RB depth to trade away Trent Richardson.

Getting Megatron and AP for Richardson and Hicks is a terrible trade for him, and I don't know why he would take it.

You don't have the depth at WR to trade Richardson, Nicks and Brown for Megatron and AP. Your 3rd RB/WR to play in the flex would be at best Tate or Cobb. Look for a more consistent player to start in that flex spot.
disasterisk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Anthony777 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I would not trade Richardson and Gronk for Calvin Johnson and Pierre Thomas. Personally, I think Richardson has a tremendous amount of potential, as he demonstrated this Sunday against Cinci. In my opinion, a Richardson for Johnson trade straight up might not be fair at this point (considering that Richardson would cost you nothing to keep and Johnson would cost a lot)--even worse when Gronk is added. Gronk is arguably the best tight-end out there, especially now that Hernandez is injured. Great tight ends are few and far between. With Gronk (assuming he stays healthy), you will likely outscore your opponent by 5+ points each week in the TE category in almost any given week (unless he/she has Graham). That is significant.

Just my opinion.
Anthony777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Footballfev » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 pm

I wouldn't do it. Richardson has a lot of upside and you're light at rb. You already have three potential wr starters on your team anyways.
12 Team 1.0 PPR (2-2)
QB: Newton, Wilson
RB: CJ2K, T. Richardson, D. Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, Lloyd, Blackmon, Hartline
TE: Finley
D: 49ers
Footballfev
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Lando50 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:55 am

Gronk isn't "by far" the best TE.

Okay, Gronk and Graham are by far the best TEs. They were drafted in the first two rounds in most leagues. And regardless, Gronk is "by far" better than anyone i could get to replace him with off the WW.

You don't have the RB depth to trade away Trent Richardson.

Agreed

Getting Megatron and AP for Richardson and Hicks is a terrible trade for him, and I don't know why he would take it.

Megatron and AP for Richardson and Hicks is a bad trade for him, but it is more even than the trade he offered.

You don't have the depth at WR to trade Richardson, Nicks and Brown for Megatron and AP. Your 3rd RB/WR to play in the flex would be at best Tate or Cobb. Look for a more consistent player to start in that flex spot.

I would play the best matchup between Tate/Denarius Moore/Cobb/Green as my RB/WR, that wouldn't be ideal, but with Gronk usually outscoring the opposing TE, I could handle it. But I doubt he would take that as he has good WR depth anyway.

Like i said, I'm leaning toward just rejecting it and seeing if he comes up with anything better, thanks for the feedback, though.
Lando50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions