Add Dwyane Bowe from Waivers? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Add Dwyane Bowe from Waivers? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Add Dwyane Bowe from Waivers? WHIR 100%

Postby Footballfev » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:34 am

I'm in a 10 team PPR league. You can ONLY have 4 wrs on your roster. Someone dropped Bowe for Ogletree or something like that last week which is absolutely ridiculous to me. I really want him on my team, but I kinda already have 4 solid receivers. Having a maximum of only 4 receivers is pretty lame, considering we have 16 man rosters. But, I don't think the commish will change the settings at this point. I have the number 1 waiver pick this week. Should I drop one of my wrs to get him? My wrs are listed below and are NOT the players listed in my signature.

I'm thinking I should drop A. Brown for him. Brown is solid, but he's a number 2 option now and that Wallace is back and looking good. What do you guys think? WHIR 100%

I have..
B. Marshall
P. Harvin
A. Brown
D. Bryant
12 Team 1.0 PPR (2-2)
QB: Newton, Wilson
RB: CJ2K, T. Richardson, D. Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, Lloyd, Blackmon, Hartline
TE: Finley
D: 49ers
Footballfev
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Add Dwyane Bowe from Waivers? WHIR 100%

Postby AxCam24 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 am

I would definitely do it. Bowe is a TD monster. Contract year, Cassel's back. Do it.
AxCam24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby 2011wahoo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:54 am

You definitely need to pick up Bowe. The question is whether you should drop Brown or Dez, I honestly do not know who I'm higher on as Dez has been really disappointing so far and is on a team that has many offensive weapons. I say keep Brown and drop Dez as his stats are going to be very inconsistent.

Please help with mine http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=520727
Standard Non-PPR w/ FLEX
QB: Matt Ryan
2 RB's: Foster, Matthews, Murray, Spiller, R. Bush, J-Stew
2 WR's: Percy, Julio, Nicks, Cobb
TE: Graham, Witten
D: Bears
K: Bryant
2011wahoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jeduardomalo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:47 am

I would drop Antonio Brown in this case. I have not liked Dez Bryant's performances as of lately to be honest, but I think he has the better upside than Antonio Brown. Also, Mike Wallace is getting back in shape and consolidated himself as the top target this last game, so yeah I would definitely grab Bowe after his monster weekend.
jeduardomalo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Wakbrder87 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 am

id say drop DEZ. he seems he has put on weight and is slower than usual. and not to mention hes one incident away from a suspension of a couple games... Im usually the first guy to jump on a no name FA that has a big game but even i knew to stay away from ogeltree lol
Wakbrder87
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby smitty10j » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 am

I would drop Dez and pick up Bowe, Dez has not been putting up very good numbers, they have a lot of other options that they can go to in Dallas, Brown has been the most targeted WR on the Steelers in both games so far, he should put up consistent number each week, even with Wallace playing.

help me with mine
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=520736
smitty10j
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fishingmn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 am

Dropping Dez seems like the way to go and yet it's not really that great of an upgrade.

How sure are you that you'll get Bowe from a waiver priority standpoint? Is there any way you can trade Bryant or Brown for an upgrade somewhere else and still get Bowe?
24 year fantasy football veteran & former writer for www.footballguys.com
fishingmn
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dajonx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 am

I think I would drop Dez...
dajonx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 29)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:44 am

Dwayne Bowe is a stud. If he had a good Qb he would probably be a top 5 wr. Hes amazingly talented. With the way the chiefs are likely to be losing most games his outlook is great. I have owned him the last couple years and I love him.

Play him every week though cause you will not know when hes going to have a game like last week.

Def add him.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby drhanl » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm a huge fan of Bowe, but I like A. Brown a lot too. A. Brown is very dependable. Dez, on the other hand, you never know what you are going to get.

I would rather have Bowe than Dez and A. Brown than Dez. But, I would think it difficult to drop Dez too.

Thanks on mine.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions