Trading Brady for a RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trading Brady for a RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trading Brady for a RB

Postby Nexflame » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 am

10 team ESPN standard league. Drafted RG3 as my backup and now I'm posed with an interesting conundrum. My 3 RBs are forte, S. Jackson, and S. Ridley. The only person who might be looking for a QB has Rivers with no backup QB, Foster, Murray, F. Jackson, R. Bush, Ben Tate, and D. Williams.

I def think they would ship someone for Brady as they have crazy depth at the position. The question is who? I'm thinking Reggie Bush would be the best option because he is going to get the lion share of the work as long as he stays on the field and theres no way they are parting with foster. Anyone have any input? possibly someone want to talk me into Murray?
Nexflame
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading Brady for a RB

Postby chargergdm » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:39 am

I'm thinking that giving away Tom Brady for Reggie Bush isn't the greatest idea in the world. Tom Brady will continue to be one of the elite QB's this year despite an off game or two. Reggie had a monster game, but I don't think he's going to find the pay dirt every week. If you're going to sell Tom Brady, I'd look for a higher price. What WR's do you have? What does he have? You could always try to snag a WR2 if possible. Whenever I offer a trade, I always aim high but leave a message that I'm willing to negotiate. If they bite, great. If not, at least they know I'm interested and willing to work out a deal.

Goodluck!
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nexflame » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 am

I have nicks and harvin with garçon and britt on the bench. Gates is my TE. i have a pretty stacked team but theres no point in keeping both brady and RG3 now that its clear he is going to be an impact player this year. I could easily flip/flop him into the trade but I'm honestly not sure if he beats out rg3 this year.

this guy only has roddy white and dez bryant at WR. I could package him something like Brady and garçon for bryant and bush. But I'm not sitting nicks or harvin for bryant right now and if the trade goes through my flex is locked up by bush.

I'm just trying to get the best starting lineup out there and having 2 elite fantasy QBs isn't helping me right now
Nexflame
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Nexflame » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 am

gonna go ahead and post the trade today, anyone have any objections?
Nexflame
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rclement3915 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 am

id keep Brady.

Reggie Bush in a standard league, is not a RB1, and im not sure Dez is even an upgrade over Garcon.

help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=521094
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions