Week 3 Help WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 3 Help WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 3 Help WHIR

Postby GreatGoku » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:20 pm

At QB, Matt Ryan @ SD or RGIII vs Cinci

Also, I have Forte, and it looks like he'll either be out or sharing a lot this week. My league is the standard ESPN, and my roster is at the bottom with the lineup. But if I move Forte out of the lineup, and move Doug Martin into it, who should I put in my FLEX: A. Boldin vs NE, C. Benson @ SEA, J. Blackmon @ Indy, R. Moss @ Minn, or S. Hill @ Mia. Thanks, leave link if you need help.

ESPN 10-Team Standard (1-0)

QB: Matt Ryan (ATL)
RB: Matt Forte (CHI)
RB: Frank Gore (SF)
WR: Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR: A.J. Green (CIN)
TE: Vernon Davis (SF)
Flex: Doug Martin (TB)
DEF: Cincinnati
K: Rob Bironas (TEN)

Bench
QB Robert Griffin III (WAS), RB Cedric Benson (GB), WR Anquan Boldin (BAL), WR Justin Blackmon (JAX), WR Randy Moss (SF), WR Stephen Hill (NYJ), San Francisco DEF
GreatGoku
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 3 Help WHIR

Postby J0SHUA » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm

benson saw 90% or so of the carries last week, though the packers havent gotten a rushing td yet. got 100 yards so i say he is due for a big game. especially since finley and rodgers arent getting along at the moment there has been talk between the two of them so in my opinion rodgers is going to shy away from finley in any short passing situation so that makes benson a better option pass wise as well

i would start benson over forte, michael bush is going to be seeing the bulk of hte carries even if forte is a good to go. i have forte in one of my leagues and im starting alfrede morris over him.
J0SHUA
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby pocrates » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Ryan v. RG3 --> A great situation to be in, but I'd have to side with RG3 only because of the match-up. On average, Cincy has given up 25 points (standard league scoring), while SD has given only 16 to QBs. Couple the matchup with RG3's goal-line carries and you have a great opportunity for major points.

I'd bench Forte and start Martin as your RB2. For your flex, I'd go with Benson, especially after last week.

Thanks for the help.
pocrates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:03 pm

GreatGoku wrote:At QB, Matt Ryan @ SD or RGIII vs Cinci

Also, I have Forte, and it looks like he'll either be out or sharing a lot this week. My league is the standard ESPN, and my roster is at the bottom with the lineup. But if I move Forte out of the lineup, and move Doug Martin into it, who should I put in my FLEX: A. Boldin vs NE, C. Benson @ SEA, J. Blackmon @ Indy, R. Moss @ Minn, or S. Hill @ Mia. Thanks, leave link if you need help.

ESPN 10-Team Standard (1-0)

QB: Matt Ryan (ATL)
RB: Matt Forte (CHI)
RB: Frank Gore (SF)
WR: Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR: A.J. Green (CIN)
TE: Vernon Davis (SF)
Flex: Doug Martin (TB)
DEF: Cincinnati
K: Rob Bironas (TEN)

Bench
QB Robert Griffin III (WAS), RB Cedric Benson (GB), WR Anquan Boldin (BAL), WR Justin Blackmon (JAX), WR Randy Moss (SF), WR Stephen Hill (NYJ), San Francisco DEF

Forte will be out or very limited(they won't take a chance rushing him back) so going Martin and putting Benson in your flex is your best choice imo , and would go Matty ice
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby Footballfev » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I would start Matt Ryan this week against SD. More weapons, more passing, more proven, and more consistent. RGIII is doing some amazing things in only 2 weeks in the NFL, but I wouldn't start him over Ryan just quite yet. If I were you I would try to trade Ryan or RGIII to a team that's lacking qb depth because you will have this same dilemma each week. Matt Forte will likely not play in week 3. He does not have a high ankle sprain which is a good thing and means he will return sooner than expected. If he does play next week, he will be very limited. Put in Benson as your flex and play Martin as 2nd rb.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=521244
12 Team 1.0 PPR (2-2)
QB: Newton, Wilson
RB: CJ2K, T. Richardson, D. Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, Lloyd, Blackmon, Hartline
TE: Finley
D: 49ers
Footballfev
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheLeague1907 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Hey thanks for the help on my post. Id probably go with RG3 looking at his stats so far and he also has a much easier matchup. For the flex, id go with boldin if forte is out. Reliable
Anyone that wants to help me decide who to play at flex this week viewtopic.php?f=19&t=521222
TheLeague1907
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kasimar1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

I'd sit Matt Forte and would start Doug Martin in your RB2 position. In your flex position I would go with Cedric Benson because he has the better chance to score. Thanks for helping me with my question.
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Who to Start/Bench