"49ers have no interest in keeping T.O." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"49ers have no interest in keeping T.O."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paladyr » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:00 pm

Andy Reid also has no desire to sign a selfish player. I doubt they are interested in TO.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:21 pm

He would make a great mentor - partner for Charles Rogers. lol.

A guy can dream cant he?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:07 pm

TO is too much of a pretty boy. I wouldn't want to see him on the Pats. I would rather have a hard working overacheiver than an underacheiving diva.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:37 pm

How do you think this move affects Tai Streets? He will most likely be the #1 WR in SF, you think he would make a nice sleeper for next year?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby rocskins_ffc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:43 pm

i still fantasize what could've been, when that mid-season trade rumor was going around that would've brought t.o. to the 'skins and sent rod gardner to s.f.,i never really found out if that was true or not but it would be nice , coles and t.o.,gives me chills!!!
rocskins_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:45 pm

as an eagles fan, i want his talent, but not him. With the unselfish play marking this team (the super comittee), no need for a chump like that. He and owens will always be fantasy gods, but they are waay to selfih in real life.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:07 pm

rocskins wrote:i still fantasize what could've been, when that mid-season trade rumor was going around that would've brought t.o. to the 'skins and sent rod gardner to s.f.,i never really found out if that was true or not but it would be nice , coles and t.o.,gives me chills!!!

As I remember it, it was actually something that could've happened in the preseason. TO for Gardner and a first rounder.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 9er Fan » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:26 pm

VHawk15 wrote:How do you think this move affects Tai Streets? He will most likely be the #1 WR in SF, you think he would make a nice sleeper for next year?

If they sign him... 49'ers have a stable of promising young receivers: Ced Wilson, Brandon Lloyd (49'ers love him), and Battle (hasn't played much). Streets is a free agent next year too. If they resign him and dump Owens though, Streets would be a great mid-round pickup.

Assuming Owens is gone, I will probably try and grab Lloyd in the late rounds of the draft.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mudd » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:47 pm

This thread is hilarious. So TO is headed to pretty much EVERY team in the NFL, and yet the original article posted actually states no facts whatsoever, only some guys opinion.

That said, the 9ers are not just gonna let him go w/out getting something for him, that's just crazy.

I also find it funny that no one is talking about the fact that Tory Holt will be a free agent next year as well.

In my little dream world, the 9ers would franchise TO and get a couple first round picks for him. Sign a free agent like Tory Holt, trade away Garcia and Hearst for some O line and defense help, and use the first round pick for Larry Fitzgerald.

Everyone else is dreaming, why can't I?
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:52 pm

Wow that would be great if he went to Phili i ahve Mcnabb in a keeper league and if he goes there nxt year!! Oh man..But think if he went to MN Moss and TO (in the top 10 for right now) I think it goes 1.Randy 2.Marvin Harrison and 3.TO then i think MN would eb unstopable...but moss would maybe have some problems with it...as we all know he loves glory and if TO is getting moe passes h might be a little pist i say.. what do u guys think? ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk