"49ers have no interest in keeping T.O." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"49ers have no interest in keeping T.O."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:57 pm

the top three go 1. moss 2. harrison 3. holt.

I don't think TO is in the same class as these three right now.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:59 pm

are u kidding me wow he is playing like crap this year but he is athletic and he is strong as hell....He's had one bad year Torry just gets passes i woudl rank him liek 4th or 5th Chad johnson is pretty good and so is santana ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:54 pm

Emmitt has the most yards ever doesnt mean he is the best righ tnow. TO was great is good, top 10 for sure but Holt is dfinitely the better WR today.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:35 pm

Mudd wrote:I also find it funny that no one is talking about the fact that Tory Holt will be a free agent next year as well.

Holt signed an extension this past offseason.

From Sporting News:
July 18, 2003 - 11:58 a.m.
Holt has agreed to a seven-year contract extension with the Rams, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Friday. Holt was in the final season of a five-year contract. He had his third straight 1,000-yard receiving season in 2002, leading the team with 91 catches for 1,302 yards.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 49ers Forever » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:49 pm

VHawk15 wrote:How do you think this move affects Tai Streets? He will most likely be the #1 WR in SF, you think he would make a nice sleeper for next year?

If Owens does leave, Streets would have better numbers than he did this year, but he wouldn't be the #1 guy. Streets is a speed receiver, but he doesn't have the ability of a Randy Moss. If Owens leaves, I would stay away from all 9ers receivers, and take one out of FA land, because Wilson, Lloyd, Streets, and Battle will all be duking it out for the top three spots, and I wouldn't count out the 9ers #3 putting up decent numbers. But, the real FF issue when TO leaves is that each week it will be someone different putting up numbers, like Seattle with K-Rob, D-Jax and Engram this year.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby terpfan » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:58 pm

im glad the skins didnt give up a first and gardner for TO. we need defensive line not wr!

as for TO... i sure hope he doesnt go to philly, but he probably wont becaue philly is the second cheapest team in the nfl after arizona. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:11 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:Emmitt has the most yards ever doesnt mean he is the best righ tnow. TO was great is good, top 10 for sure but Holt is dfinitely the better WR today.

Why do u all base it on stastics? People have bad years Torry holt is doing better but he is not better then TO if they swicthed roles i am pretty sure TO would be doing awesome...To is better then holt, give me good evidence (besides stats) and i'll change my mind ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:47 pm

terpfan wrote:im glad the skins didnt give up a first and gardner for TO. we need defensive line not wr!

as for TO... i sure hope he doesnt go to philly, but he probably wont becaue philly is the second cheapest team in the nfl after arizona. :-)

There are SO many good dlineman who will be free agents after this season, we can get one there. Ogunleye, Kearse, Sapp...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:05 pm

terpfan wrote:im glad the skins didnt give up a first and gardner for TO. we need defensive line not wr!

Early prediction: Arizona has been "saving" its money over the past ten years or so in order to start a super team for the future. The future is now. They offer T.O. a huge contract and he accepts so that he can bury the 49ers twice a year. The Cardinals then procede to sign a few more free agents and win the Super Bowl. :-)

I don't see him going to Philly for the same reasons that terpfan mentioned. Maybe Tampa Bay will want to replace on self-centered player with another?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JrcWy » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:09 pm

Isn't Streets a free agent this year too? Any 9er's fans know what their plans are on resigning/releasing him?
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk