"49ers have no interest in keeping T.O." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"49ers have no interest in keeping T.O."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:54 am

Tiki wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:Emmitt has the most yards ever doesnt mean he is the best righ tnow. TO was great is good, top 10 for sure but Holt is dfinitely the better WR today.

Why do u all base it on stastics? People have bad years Torry holt is doing better but he is not better then TO if they swicthed roles i am pretty sure TO would be doing awesome...To is better then holt, give me good evidence (besides stats) and i'll change my mind ;-D

If we're talking FANTASY football (which I am), the only thing that matters is stats. This game is completely and totally about who puts up the better stats.

Tory Holt has better stats, along with about 6 other wr's so far this year, which makes them a better fantasy wr.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mudd » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:57 am

VHawk15 wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:
Tiki wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:Emmitt has the most yards ever doesnt mean he is the best righ tnow. TO was great is good, top 10 for sure but Holt is dfinitely the better WR today.

Why do u all base it on stastics?

Because this is fantasy football, not plain football chat. Fantasy football is ALL about the stats. How many yards, touchdowns, catches a WR makes, not how strong or talented he is

Deft's right. In a fantasy football, stats are the only evidence you need on who's a better player most of the time.

I guess I shoulda read this thread b/4 replying. Oh well, great FANTASY minds think alike :D
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:14 pm

So if both Streets and T.O. are gone, who will be the #1 in SF? Whoever that is, he might be a decent fantasy option.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:24 pm

Bay City Bashers wrote:I really don't think Fitz will be an option, he'll go pretty high as probably the best talent in the draft. Receiver is the easiest transition to the pros, so ANY team ahead of the Niners in the draft without a specific need will grab him. Plus, although the Niners will probably miss the playoffs, they will finish strong enough to be nowhere near the top of the draft. They can trade up, but not high enough. A player like Roy Williams will be within reach, and probably the better option because along with BIG talent he has senior experience and a team mentality (no crying here).

You should be so lucky, dont count on Fitzgerald or Williams to drop out of the top 6, and then the Jets will grab Reggie Williams (paired with santana moss, a deadly combination) and the 49ers, if they take a WR, will be decinding between the rashaun woods, michael claytons, and lee evans' of the draft, still very solid options and i think the 9ers will take clayton, again if they take a WR, and he would be a pretty good selection
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk