Ramses Barden - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ramses Barden

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ramses Barden

Postby Free John Beck » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Worth a 1 week look with Nicks and Hixon both out? Eli has to throw to someone, right?
Free John Beck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ramses Barden

Postby dberry120 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm thinking the same. Barden is getting most of the attention and is listed as the starter from http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/depthchart.php

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Randle gets some decent fantasy points as well. Rookie, but has lots of talent (also seems to be really liked by Giants fans). For most of their offensive formations- Cruz, Barden, and Randle will all be in there.

I'd wait until tomorrow to see if any more news comes out and see if you can find out if they are sticking one of these guys in the slot.
dberry120
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Free John Beck » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 pm

The fact that Barden is 6' 6, had a pretty good preseason, and came in for Hixon Sunday and had a 24 yard grab makes me favor him. With Cruz on the other side likely getting double-teamed, it's hard to imagine Barden not having a good game.
Free John Beck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 49ersavior » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 am

Huge game going 9 catches for 138 yds. Thoughts on how he fits in/produces once Nicks comes back?
49ersavior
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:39 pm

There was a shot of him over on the sideline towards the end of the game and he comes up behing Eli and hugs him. Eli turns around and congratulates him. It was a pretty cool moment. You culd tell Ramses was super excited. ;-D Good for him. Too bad I didnt have the balls to start him or even pick him up.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:40 am

petedog9 wrote:There was a shot of him over on the sideline towards the end of the game and he comes up behing Eli and hugs him. Eli turns around and congratulates him. It was a pretty cool moment. You culd tell Ramses was super excited. ;-D Good for him. Too bad I didnt have the balls to start him or even pick him up.

Yeah, no need to pick him up. I mean, its not as if the Giants have a history of starting someone who was not expected to start and they have a great season. Well, maybe Cruz. And the fact that Hicks had to miss due to a foot that will bother him all year, the Gmen do seem to throw a lot. Barden would be a great guy to put on a roster if you've any room for speculation.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby petedog9 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 am

I didnt grab him or start him because in that league my 3 starting wrs are AJ / Fitz / Jennings. I am not saying don't get him if you need a wr start... :-B
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free John Beck » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 pm

I ended up grabbing him and starting him over my usual #3 WR (Ammendola). Leaguemates laughed at his low projection going in, but with a 3 point bonus for 100+ receiving yards, he scored more points for me than Eli did.
Free John Beck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 am

With Nicks being ruled out this week, I'm going to start Barden over LaFell. There is no reason why Barden can't see a repeat of what he put up last week with all the looks he is going to get.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Mean One » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 pm

I picked him up in both my leagues knowing Nicks is prone to missing multiple games with injuries. And since Nicks is out this week I inserted Barden in both lineups (WR2 and Flex spot) and hope for the best. The upside is too great with this guy and I could use WR help in both my dynasty leagues.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Football Talk