20%
Martellus Bennett
40%
Brent Celek
40%

Total votes : 5

Pettigrew, Bennett, Celek

Postby LMack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Standard scoring 10 team league looking to get some TE input. I need to start 1 TE. Who do you like best out of the three?

Brandon Pettigrew @ TEN, Tennessee has been giving up big numbers to TEs thus far. After getting burned for 3 TDs by Dante Rosario though I'm not sure they'll be as vulnerable across the middle.

Martellus Bennett @ CAR, Huge red zone, and more importantly end zone, option for the Giants. Hakeem Nicks has been ruled out tonight potentially increasing Bennett's opportunity.

Brent Celek @ ARI, Coming off a huge game, but he's the only one of this list who hasn't gotten in the endzone. Maclin could be banged up again which was important to his week 2 success.

Thoughts? Leave a link and I'll answer yours ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pettigrew, Bennett, Celek

Postby mfbball04 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:06 pm

LMack wrote:Standard scoring 10 team league looking to get some TE input. I need to start 1 TE. Who do you like best out of the three?

Brandon Pettigrew @ TEN, Tennessee has been giving up big numbers to TEs thus far. After getting burned for 3 TDs by Dante Rosario though I'm not sure they'll be as vulnerable across the middle.

Martellus Bennett @ CAR, Huge red zone, and more importantly end zone, option for the Giants. Hakeem Nicks has been ruled out tonight potentially increasing Bennett's opportunity.

Brent Celek @ ARI, Coming off a huge game, but he's the only one of this list who hasn't gotten in the endzone. Maclin could be banged up again which was important to his week 2 success.

Thoughts? Leave a link and I'll answer yours ;-D

Id go with Celek just because i want him to have a good game for obvious reasons.. haha no but really, i would ride the hot hand in Celek. Vick doesnt have a great arm so the shallow out route to Celek is his pacifier.
QB- Matt Ryan. T Pryor
RB- Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell
WR- Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Nate Washington, Keenan Allen
TE- Jermichael Finley, Coby Fleener
D- Seahawks
10 man .5 PPR
mfbball04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Postby mfbball04 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 pm

QB- Matt Ryan. T Pryor
WR- Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Nate Washington, Keenan Allen
D- Seahawks
10 man .5 PPR
mfbball04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby LMack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:11 pm

mfbball04 wrote:Id go with Celek just because i want him to have a good game for obvious reasons.. haha no but really, i would ride the hot hand in Celek. Vick doesnt have a great arm so the shallow out route to Celek is his pacifier.

The problem I'm running into is determining who the hot hand actually is. Celek scored 15 points (8/157/0) in standard scoring leagues last week, which was only two more than Martellus Bennett registered (5/72/1) Bennett has been in double digits for two weeks in a row.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby mfbball04 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:15 pm

LMack wrote:
mfbball04 wrote:Id go with Celek just because i want him to have a good game for obvious reasons.. haha no but really, i would ride the hot hand in Celek. Vick doesnt have a great arm so the shallow out route to Celek is his pacifier.

The problem I'm running into is determining who the hot hand actually is. Celek scored 15 points (8/157/0) in standard scoring leagues last week, which was only two more than Martellus Bennett registered (5/72/1) Bennett has been in double digits for two weeks in a row.

yes very true, and with Nicks and Hixon out you think Bennett would get more looks right? Yeah i dont know man, its tough. Probably a coin flip. Maybe go with the better QB? Go with Bennett
QB- Matt Ryan. T Pryor
D- Seahawks
10 man .5 PPR
mfbball04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Durrrrrr » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm

I'd go with Bennett between these guys. Celek is close, but I think last week he faced a much weaker defense than he does this week (Cards aren't as bad as advertised on D) and Bennett will get more targets with Nicks out.

viewtopic.php?t=521386
Durrrrrr
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby giantss88 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Ya gotta go Bennett. Bennett has Nicks and Hixon out already giving him at least 5-10 more targets. Last week he had 2 TD's go off his hands which would have given him a MONSTEROUS game. I am a Giants fan so I watch all their games and Eli likes throwing to his TE's early and often. especially in the Red Zone. The Giants could be down in this game and have somewhat of a question in the running game starting Brown. I like bennett this week. I have a TE dilemma myself involving Celek and I know if Bennett was available in my league it wouldnt have even been a question for me.

viewtopic.php?t=521472
giantss88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby w146101 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm in the exact same position so glad you wrote this out for me!

Not sure why everyone is forgetting about Pettigrew. Titans have been beyond atrocious at covering the TE and it should be Detroit's/Stafford's coming out party for such a poor start to the season. I am torn between Bennett because he will have increased looks and NY shouldn't have much of a running game. With that being said, no Nicks does mean increased opportunity, but it also allows the defense to pay more attention to Bennett. I think I have to go with the experts and take Pettigrew and hope for the best...

Chances are Bennett will go off then...
w146101
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Bigpop » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm

I think the Lions are gonna go off on the Titans this week so I figure Stafford goes for 3-4 TDs. I think one prolly goes to Pettigrew. Just a feeling. I have no stats to back it up, other than Pettigrew is a highly targeted TE in Detroit. Bennett would be my 2nd pick, Celek my last.
Bigpop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench