Trying to trade for Rodgers. What should I offer? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trying to trade for Rodgers. What should I offer? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trying to trade for Rodgers. What should I offer? WHIR

Postby JeterFlips2Cano » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Hey everyone. So I'm sitting at 1-1 in my league and I feel like I have a really good squad right now. My main problem, though, is that I am sitting with a lot of good players on my bench, while relatively weak at QB (and at TE). Here's my roster:

QB - Roethlisberger
BN - Bradford
BN - Ponder

RB - Ray Rice
RB - CJ Spiller
BN - Matt Forte
BN - Rashard Mendenhall

WR - AJ Green
WR - Percy Harvin
BN - DeSean Jackson
BN - Brandon LaFell

TE - Scott Chandler

FLEX - DeMarco Murray

K - Justin Tucker

D/ST - Philly

Obviously Spiller has been a huge draft day acquisition for me, but now I have a good problem of having too many RBs. I also feel like except for bye weeks, D-Jax is just gonna ride the pine (as is LaFell). I definitely need an upgrade at QB, and, as the title says, i'm looking to get Rodgers. The guy who has him is seriously thin at both RB and WR, so I'm looking to offer some sort of package deal. Here is the other guy's team (I'm just gonna post everyone he has at a position):

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck
RB - MJD, Ingram, LeShoure, Hillman, LaMichael James
WR - Colston, Decker, Boldin, Brian Quick
TE - Vernon Davis, Fleener
K - Henery
D/ST - Houston

Ideally, I would like to get both Davis and Rodgers in this deal to strengthen my 2 weak positions. I feel like I have really good depth at RB, which will get even deeper once Mendenhall returns from his injury in a few weeks (I am hoping he will be close to his old self come fantasy playoff time). What do you guys suggest I offer up to snag A-Rod?
JeterFlips2Cano
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to trade for Rodgers. What should I offer? WHIR

Postby sans_abri » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I'd suggest selling CJ while his stock is high and the uncertainty with FJax coming back in 2-3 weeks. However, Forte and Mende are both not well yet, so unless you get a RB in return, I'd look to your WRs. I'd consider selling Lafell high, or one of your stud WR if you can bear parting with them. Your QB situation is pretty poor (and if I were you I wouldn't be carrying three. A platoon of two would be sufficient, but thats not the topic here), so feel out what it'd take to get either Rodgers or Luck, both upgrades in my opinion. Lafell for Luck straight up may be acceptable since you'd both be getting a lower tier starting player. Or wait until after this week because I think Lafell is gonna torch the pathetic NYG secondary.

viewtopic.php?t=521545
sans_abri
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions