Jump ship on Vick or Gates? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jump ship on Vick or Gates?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jump ship on Vick or Gates?

Postby mike.spartacus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm

So, when I drafted I played it safe and picked up two quarterbacks and two tight ends. I drafted Michael Vick to actually by my QB1 and picked RGIII late as a backup with the hopes of him breaking out. I drafted Antonio Gates who has been hurting as my starting tight end, and Brandon Pettigrew as a backup, honestly to fill a roster spot as I felt he was best available at the time. Both of the backups I drafted seem to be doing better already. Is now a good time to jump ship on one or the other, if not both, in favor of other positions?

I have the following for RBs and WRs: Andre Brown, Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, DeAngelo Williams, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Victor Cruz, and Brandon LaFell

Scoring: 1 pt per 10 yards RUSH, 1 pt per 20 yards REC, 1 pt per REC, 6 pts per TD
mike.spartacus
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jump ship on Vick or Gates?

Postby jay0582 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

well obviously dont drop either, if by jumping ship you mean trying to orchestrate a trade to find value elsewhere then that is fine, but i think youd be selling low on gates.. id wait for a few weeks, preferably id keep gates to start i think he will have a much better season then pettigrew... as far as vick and RGIII tough call, id maybe try to move vick to someone who is high on him...
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions