HUGE Trade! In 1st place, but will it make me unstoppable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

HUGE Trade! In 1st place, but will it make me unstoppable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

HUGE Trade! In 1st place, but will it make me unstoppable?

Postby Dude_202 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm in the 1st place, and dominating my opponents right now. It's a PPR league where it's 1 pt per reception. We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex. My team is built for PPR and I have a wealth of depth. Here's my team:

QB - Vick
RB - Forte, Sproles
WR - Megatron, AJ Green
TE - Jermichael Finley
K - Matt Bryant
DEF - Chicago
BEN: Reggie Bush, Alfred Morris, Lance Moore, David Wilson, Mikel Leshoure, Ben Roethlisberger

Heres the trade:

I get: Gronk, Michael Turner, Torrey Smith
He gets: Sproles, Finley, Moore

What should I do? Sproles is a beast at PPR, but I only start 2 RBs and I have Forte and Bush, and I can always start Morris/Wayne/Leshoure at the Flex. Even if Forte misses a couple weeks, a RB squad of Bush, Turner, Morris, Leshoure, and Wilson wouldn't be so bad. Moore for Smith is basically a toss-up and Gronk is leaps and bounds better than Finley. Should I pull the trigger guys?

Thanks in advance guys and WHIR!
Dude_202
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: HUGE Trade! In 1st place, but will it make me unstoppab

Postby jaypurp » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Definitely, you have so much depth that losing out on sproles doesn't affect you much. Adding Gronk to your team is huge, and even though turner is on the decline he is still the man (well, rb at least) in ATL. Do it!
jaypurp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dude_202 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 am

jaypurp wrote:Definitely, you have so much depth that losing out on sproles doesn't affect you much. Adding Gronk to your team is huge, and even though turner is on the decline he is still the man (well, rb at least) in ATL. Do it!

Yeah, I'm really leaning towards doing it!

Any other last opinions guys?
Dude_202
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby ozzyozwalt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:20 am

No question... Why the hell is Bush on you're bench. He shits on Sproles. In my opinion, you're only giving him bench players and upgrading to the top TE player. Think about it man, you'll have Forte, Bush, Morris, Turner... Why do you need Sproles? DO IT!!! Check out mine if you have a minute. In same position as you. Dominating!! GET SOME!
ozzyozwalt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ozzyozwalt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 am

Hey thanks for your reply to mine. Prob is I made that trade two weeks ago lol. I have a new one. Think you can check it out. After seeing you're squad and comments I respect you're opinion. Thanks man

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=521654
ozzyozwalt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LanceHardwood » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:43 am

Do it!

Agree with ozzy. Bush AND morris are startable. And maybe LeShoure will work out too.

Turner is a disappointment, and Torrey is always inconsistent, but Gronk is the real prize here.
LanceHardwood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby riley yorkington » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 am

ozzyozwalt wrote:No question... Why the hell is Bush on you're bench. He shits on Sproles. In my opinion, you're only giving him bench players and upgrading to the top TE player. Think about it man, you'll have Forte, Bush, Morris, Turner... Why do you need Sproles? DO IT!!! Check out mine if you have a minute. In same position as you. Dominating!! GET SOME!

This. You are giving up bench players to upgrade to Gronk. Unstoppable!

viewtopic.php?t=521668
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby boogafish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am

Depends- does your league give points for kick/punt return yards? If so, then keep Sproles. Our league does this, I have Sproles and wouldn't ever give him up for that reason.

You need to be starting Bush at flex. You've got enough depth, IMO, to trade several players for another TE. You might be able to pick up Hernandez right now for a bargain, given your depth.
boogafish
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions