My J. Charles, R. Wayne for R. Mathews and D. Moore? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

My J. Charles, R. Wayne for R. Mathews and D. Moore?

Moderator: Football Moderators

My J. Charles, R. Wayne for R. Mathews and D. Moore?

Postby frostyb2003 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 pm

My team:

QB: E. Manning
RB: McFadden, C. Johnson, J. Charles, Hillis, D. Wilson, Andre Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, R. Wayne, Maclin, Amendola
TE: Gates, Pitta
DEF: Bears
K: Akers

ESPN Standard Scoring, 0 - 2 start

My reasoning: I don't like what I see in KC. They have too many running backs and are always playing from behind. Charles got mildly injured last game but was held out to be safe which burned me. Mathews is a health risk but won't have any competition in SD. Wayne is a stud but Moore is underrated and will be the WR1 in Oakland once he's fully healthy.

Am I crazy?
frostyb2003
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My J. Charles, R. Wayne for R. Mathews and D. Moore?

Postby chargergdm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Definitely not bad reasoning, but personally, I'd hold off. KC is a run first team. A healthy Charles will still lead the rushing attack. Hillis may be a vulture. As a chargers fan, I hate to admit it..but Mathews is brittle. I see him playing 7 games this season. Jackie Battle had a lot of talent and was explosive last week when he had a chance to show his stuff. Its early to say, but depending on Mathews health..I could see Battle snatching carries now too. That makes Mathews, Ronnie Brown, Curtis Brinkley, Jackie Battle, and McClain as possible ball carriers. Wayne is now one of Luck's favorite targets. Moore will be WR1 for Oakland when he's healthy, but with McFadden and Heyward-Bey..he'll have a lot of red zone competition.

Goodluck!
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby frostyb2003 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:24 am

Those are some good points. Okay I'll hold off. Thanks for your help!
frostyb2003
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby riley yorkington » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:02 am

Be patient with Charles. He's never been a high-volume back, so it doesn't matter whether or not he shares carries. What matters is when KC finally figures out that they need to get him the ball in order to not start the game at a 21-0 deficit. Reggie Wayne will be this year's Steve Smith. Calling Mathews a health risk is an understatement. The guy who was being touted as an elite back this season got hurt after ONE CARRY in the preseason. Moore's still hurting, and you never know when he'll be healthy. You also never know when Oakland will begin to play real football. When they're able to harness all that talent on offense, they'll be scary. But no one knows when that will happen.
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LanceHardwood » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:05 am

NOOoo! don't do it.

Oakland receivers can't catch crap. Either that or they always end up in the wrong spot. There is just no chemistry in Oakland, unless you are a player named Brandon Myers.
LanceHardwood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions