Just basically traded JCharles for MJD... how did I Do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Just basically traded JCharles for MJD... how did I Do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just basically traded JCharles for MJD... how did I Do?

Postby eromano33 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Just Traded Charles for MJD basically... How did I do?
10 team, non keeper, non ppr

I gave:
Desean Jackson
Jamaal Charles
Alfred Morris

I got:
MJD
Torrey Smith

Rest of my team now:
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Percy Harvin
TE: Martellus Bennett
W/R/T: Doug Martin
DEF: Chicago
K: Garrett Hartley
BN: Demaryius Thomas
BN: Torrey Smith
BN: Rashard Mendenhall
BN: Jay Cutler
BN: Dennis Pitta
BN: Empty spot for now, will pick up next breakout guy
eromano33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just basically traded JCharles for MJD... how did I Do?

Postby ace96320 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 pm

I guess it's kinda trading away some risk for a safer bet with MJD, but I dunno if giving away Morris is worth it. I mean MJD is going to go nuts against Indy but Morris might end up having a good year.
ace96320
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby eromano33 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:22 pm

I was never going to start morris...ever...
eromano33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chargergdm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 pm

I had a chance to get MJD before the season started for Shonn Greene and Eric Decker. Definitely regret not pulling the trigger on that one. As for your trade.. its not bad. I think you may have given away a little too much for what you got. MJD will be a solid RB1, but I don't think he'll have a monster year again. Torrey Smith is Baltimore's biggest deep threat, but he hasn't shown much chemistry with Flacco yet. If and when he does, he'll be a valuable WR.

As for the guys you gave up. Desean Jackson is one of those guys that will give you rain or shine weeks. I'm not a big fan, so I agree with ditching him for some other talent. I'm on the fence about Morris. He has proved himself in a couple games, so he *may* actually be a starting RB for Shanahan. BUT..I have been burned by Shanny before. So getting rid of his flavor of the month RB while he's hot isn't a bad idea. As for Jamaal Charles..I think you might have pulled the trigger on him a game too soon. He had a decent week one..good yards per carry, and then he had a minor setback to his knee Week 2. They played it on the safe side taking him out, but I think he'll be back very soon.

For you, the trade is safer, but with less upside. His pickups are a lot riskier, but if they payoff..they will payoff big. All in all, not a bad deal either way.
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mean One » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Not a bad trade for you. ;-D

Charles is in a slump of sorts and Morris may not finish the year as the best RB in Washington but MJD will fill in nicely for you. You take a hit in the WR department losing Jackson but your current starters are good enough to keep Smith on the bench till BYE weeks hit.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby eromano33 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 pm

chargergdm wrote:I had a chance to get MJD before the season started for Shonn Greene and Eric Decker. Definitely regret not pulling the trigger on that one. As for your trade.. its not bad. I think you may have given away a little too much for what you got. MJD will be a solid RB1, but I don't think he'll have a monster year again. Torrey Smith is Baltimore's biggest deep threat, but he hasn't shown much chemistry with Flacco yet. If and when he does, he'll be a valuable WR.

As for the guys you gave up. Desean Jackson is one of those guys that will give you rain or shine weeks. I'm not a big fan, so I agree with ditching him for some other talent. I'm on the fence about Morris. He has proved himself in a couple games, so he *may* actually be a starting RB for Shanahan. BUT..I have been burned by Shanny before. So getting rid of his flavor of the month RB while he's hot isn't a bad idea. As for Jamaal Charles..I think you might have pulled the trigger on him a game too soon. He had a decent week one..good yards per carry, and then he had a minor setback to his knee Week 2. They played it on the safe side taking him out, but I think he'll be back very soon.

For you, the trade is safer, but with less upside. His pickups are a lot riskier, but if they payoff..they will payoff big. All in all, not a bad deal either way.

My real endgame, honestly, is to swap MJD with someone else for a better RB like Ray RIce or LeSean McCoy, or straight up for someone like DeMarco Murray perhaps.
eromano33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chargergdm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Not a bad plan. You have a fairly decent bench. Exploit the weaknesses of the Rice/McCoy owners after MJD has a big game. A package like MJD and D. Thomas for McCoy/Rice/Foster might work out for you. If you are looking to do a straight up trade..keep an eye on Reggie Bush, DeMarco Murray, McFadden. I wouldn't go to a lower tier than that unless they are willing to add something to the pot.
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions