Romo or Brady!??? Whir. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Romo or Brady!??? Whir.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo or Brady!??? Whir.

Postby rclement3915 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 am

On the fence. Romo has a great matchup and I'm off to an 0-2 start this week.

My league gets 1 pt for every 2 completions. And bonus points for over 300 yds and 50+ yd TD's.

Roll with my top pick Brady or start Romo over him this week?
Ravens haven't allowed 2passing TD's in like 20 + games.

I started A.Brown n Bennett Thursday, so am up 48-0. this is a must win this week.

Also, A.Morris vs Cin or D.Martin vs Dal? PPR

Whir. Just leave link.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Romo or Brady!??? Whir.

Postby LanceHardwood » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:35 am

That IS tough, because of the match up.

Romo played poorly last week because of a lot of dropped passes and the really bad offensive line. Field position also played a role, and it didn't help that the Dallas D let Marshawn Lynch get a few big runs on them. Too many big play IMO given up by the Dallas Def.

Brady also had to deal with a lot of drops, but that's life in football. This ain't pokemon, you can't catch em all. He also suffered from Hernandez getting injured...as did I (fantasy football-wise). I'm sure after the silly loss to the Cardinals at home (rigged IMO), they will finally play Welker more - although they did just pick up Kellen Winslow (almost 80 catches last year) and brought back Deion Branch. So they are still in it to win it. As for the Baltimore pass defense... Let me say this, the Baltimore defense has built a stigma around it that "It is VERY good" every year, although it is a stigma similar to how the Cowboys should be a playoff contender every year. Every year is different and with aging players in this speedy NFL today, my belief is that the Baltimore D is not as good as it used to be.

I would go with Brady. I am surprised you picked up Romo, but after New England's week 9 bye, I would try to sell Romo, or earlier is okay - as long as you can sell him high...

viewtopic.php?t=521656
LanceHardwood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby voodooman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 am

I would have to go with Romo here, if Belichick keeps freezing out Welker, which I think he will, the Patriots will struggle. The Ravens will shut them down. Romo will have a healthy Witten getting back to being a favorite target, and Dez/Miles/Ogletree gives Romo plenty of targets to pick apart the secondary. Either way you go, though, playing Bennett and Andre Brown should get you a win this week.

Also I would play Doug Martin over Alfred Morris. Any chance you get to avoid Shanahan and his mind games at RB, you do it. I think Martin is the better PPR play against the Cowboys anyways, they use him in the passing game too, whereas the Redskins have been taking Morris out on passing plays for Royster or Helu.

Thanks for your input on mine, really appreciate it.
voodooman
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)

Postby sabercats » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:48 am

IMO I will start Romo because he plays at home and passing game so you will get more pts than Brady this week. Brady has to run away from sack and intercepts, so he will have less pts than Romo.
sabercats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 48)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:50 am

Vick fared well against Balt but that was in Philly. I do like Romo's match up but you also need time to throw which he didnt have in Sea and had a little in NY. Id probably stick with Brady. Its real close though especially with Belichick playing inferior players and loosing games because of it. If Welker plays the whole game Brady can be real solid every week. If not Romo will out perform him. Thats what makes it so tough is the decision on whether NE plays their best players or not

Honestly im not a fan of choices like this. If it was me Id try to shop Romo using the match up as extra ammo and improve another position. Having Romo makes you think about who to start every week when the reality is Brady is solid enough to start every week but his bye. If you down grade at Qb you can gain elsewhere and dont have to think about who to start weekly. Seek out the guy who didnt concentrate on Qb and is hurting
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Footballfev » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 am

Agree with above, this is a tough decision which you don't want to be in each week. You should definitely consider trading one of qbs and add depth elsewhere on your roster. I'd start Romo because has a better matchup. Dez healthy, Miles healthy, Witten I think is healthy so I'm seeing only promosing things for the cowboys on offense this week.

Thanks for help
12 Team 1.0 PPR (2-2)
QB: Newton, Wilson
RB: CJ2K, T. Richardson, D. Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, Lloyd, Blackmon, Hartline
TE: Finley
D: 49ers
Footballfev
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby audiolaboratory273 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am

I would play Romo (nut not only because I'm a cowboys fan). WE has dominated Tampa Bay and I believe they are the last ranked passing defense.
audiolaboratory273
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 50)

Postby rclement3915 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Bump.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby abs9986 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:11 pm

From everything I am reading, Romo is expected to have a great game and matchup. Having said that, I'm sure Brady was one of your first picks. I think Romo has more upside (but more volatile), but Brady more consistency.

Did you have any thursday players? How is your match looking this week?

If you feel you are behind, I would take the risk with Romo. Otherwise, you can count on a pretty consistent score from Brady if you feel confident everywhere else.
abs9986
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jmoney0547 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:56 pm

I like Morris over Martin in a high scoring game. And hard to say, but last year Flacco actually outplayed Brady, so I think Dal rebounds. Go Romo.

Help
viewtopic.php?t=521809
jmoney0547
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench