Ryan/Stevie Johnson for Cutler/Andre Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ryan/Stevie Johnson for Cutler/Andre Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan/Stevie Johnson for Cutler/Andre Johnson?

Postby Jdeeds » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 am

I was offered Andre Johnson and Cutler for Matt Ryan and Stevie Johnson. I already have Romo too so losing Ryan would not be that devastating. I could then start the WR trio of Julio Jones, Andre, and Nicks...with Colston riding my bench and providing great depth...what do you guys think of this trade? Am I giving up too much to upgrade to Andre? Is the downgrade from losing the Ryan/Romo bigger than what I get with adding Andre? I was thinking another option too if I got AJ is I could always ship out a big name WR like Andre or Nicks and Jamaal Charles for a stud RB...what should I do? It's a PPR league and my team is listed below, we start 2 WR's and a WR/TE flex:

QB: Ryan, Romo
RB: DMC, Charles, D. Martin, Hillis
WR: Julio, Nicks, Colston, S. Johnson, S. Rice
TE: Pettigrew, F. Davis, Cook
D/ST: 49ers
K: Bryant
Jdeeds
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan/Stevie Johnson for Cutler/Andre Johnson?

Postby chargergdm » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 am

Not big on Andre this year. He was plagued by injury all last year and hasn't been strong at the beginning of the season. With both Foster and Tate, the Texans are going to run it all day. I don't like Johnson's red zone chances.

Stevie Johnson, on the other hand, is always a big target for Fitz. With CJ Spiller running through the trenches all day, I see Stevie having some pretty interesting looks. Matt Ryan has 5 TD's and no picks. His receiving staff of Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzales is an elite unit. Cutler has been struggling.

Both Andre Johnson and Cutler have upside. But I'll be surprised if AJ really goes off big this year.

Goodluck!
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Ryan/Stevie Johnson for Cutler/Andre Johnson?

Postby riley yorkington » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 am

Pass.

AJ is super talented, sure. But his inconsistency will have you pulling your hair out, not to mention losing you a few games here and there. Same story with Cutler. Ryan and Stevie's respective values are really high right now, so you can definitely target better players. Your plan to ship off WR+RB for a stud RB is solid. Seeing that your depth is awesome, I'd try to overpay for one of the top 3 RBs (hopefully they're hurting at some position or depth). Something like Romo/Charles/Hillis/Nicks for Rice/Backup QB. With your bench the way it is, you've got so many packages to throw at people who are weak at specific positions. Go for the gold and try to get a super stud in at least one of your positions. Someone like Bradford will be a fine backup QB.

tl;dr: you can get way more than Cutler/AJ for Ryan/Stevie.
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions