Rate and tips for my 0-2 team! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate and tips for my 0-2 team!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pitfan2782 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 am

10-Team PPR, 2 keepers, yardage bonuses, 1 flex (w/r/t)

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson
RB: Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, C.J. Spiller, Ben Tate, LeGarrette Blount, Mike Goodson
WR: Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Nate Washington, Randall Cobb
TE: Antonio Gates, Coby Fleener
K: Robbie Gould
D: Buffalo (I play defenses on a week-to-week basis)

Kept Foster (5th) and McCoy (3rd). Went Marshall and Green with my first two picks. Drafted Brown (6th) and Spiller (7th) as potential flex players, and Spiller is already paying off. I'm currently the 4th highest point getter in the league, trailing 1st place by 13 points. I've had the 3rd most point scored against me, trailing 1st by 20 points.

I feel like I have the best overall team in the league. I have the best RB combo with Foster and McCoy, and I have depth with Spiller and Tate. Marshall is a PPR monster, while Green and Brown are good compliments as #2 receivers. If Gates can stay healthy, then he should be a top 5 TE this season, and Fleener is there for upside. I could upgrade my QB position, but Big Ben has been playing well 2 weeks into the season, and I believe he'll end the year as a top 10 fantasy QB.

I could package Green/Brown and Spiller for Calvin Johnson perhaps, but I believe having Marshall and Green with Spiller as my flex is better than having Marshall and Johnson with Brown as my flex. I could also package Green and Spiller for Rodgers, but that would leave me playing potential back ups or a TE at my flex, and I think I would lose out overall in points on a week-by-week basis. Also, if Spiller ends up becoming the permanent starting running back for the Bills, and ends the year as a top 3 or 5 fantasy player, I could keep him in the 6th round next season, and throw McCoy (2nd) back into the draft.

So please rate my team and let me know what I could do to improve it. Thanks in advance!
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dreamteam » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 am

You need a QB. I'd try to sell high on Spiller now. Package Spiller & Big Ben and try to upgrade at QB. Possibly buy low on Stafford. Or if their owners are suckers, you may be able to get one of the Big 3?
Dreamteam
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Rate and tips for my 0-2 team!

Postby oden » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

I don't understand why everyone is so bent on selling high on Spiller. The guy is a beast, and still will be even when Jackson comes back.

But otherwise, I agree with the previous poster; you need a QB. A lot of people are also trying to sell high on RG3 right now, maybe you could take advantage of that depending on who has him in your league.

I would NOT trade for Green and Spiller for Rodgers!
oden
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Roster Ratings