Chris Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Chris Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Johnson

Postby coomerguy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 am

I've seen the previous post on peoples thoughts on Chris Johnson. A background on my team quick. I'm in a keeper league. I failed in securing my Fred Jackson "handcuff" in the draft - and after Week 1 turned down a trade for Spiller because he wanted Larry Fitzgerald. That is another subject (so pissed Fitzgerald resigned with Arizona). After Week 2, Spiller's value is OFF THE CHARTS - so I'm not really sure it's an option anymore.

I've been talking to all the teams trying to get an RB. My RB situation is terrible, with my current stable of RBs being: Fred Jackson, Michael "DWI" Turner, Jonathan Dwyer, Roy Helu, Peyton Hillis, Daryl Richardson and Andre Brown. I picked up both Richardson and Brown off the waiver wire this week. Brown was a nice add - we'll see about Richardson.

In my dealings with other teams, I have so far just had two offers that are anywhere close to happening. Both offers just for auction cash. One team offered me my choice of Donald Brown or CJ2K. The amount of money isn't really the issue - as I have a ton. The most in the league. Donald Brown would be fine - although how much better is he than what I have. He's a starter - which is better than most of my backs. But does he have a chance to be anything but an average RB for me?

CJ2K - again in a previous post - most people think he's DONE. Is he? Is it just flat out over for him? Or would it be worth the gamble considering the sad state of my RBs to take a flier - even if I'm slightly overpaying? Just for the chance that he's even a Top 10-15 RB? Thoughts?
coomerguy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Johnson

Postby LSUby50 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:43 am

i think CJ2k is done, but you are pretty desperate. If i were in your shoes i'd take a chance on him, especially if you can get him for just auction cash. I think you're right about Brown. He's average starting RB, but not going to win any leagues for you.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions