Greg Jennings - groin injury

Moderator: Football Moderators

Greg Jennings - groin injury

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:33 am

Tough position for fantasy players as the Packers don't play until Monday night

Jennings does not practice Thursday
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
Sept. 20, 2012

Green Bay - During the course of training camp and the first couple of weeks of the regular season, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been on the practice field with receiver Greg Jennings just 13 times.

They have played one complete game together, and Rodgers completed only 5 of 9 passes targeted to Jennings for 34 yards.

After making progress earlier this week with a groin injury that sidelined him for the Chicago game, Jennings had a setback on Tuesday and did not take part in practice Thursday. He has not been ruled out of the Packers' Monday night game with the Seattle Seahawks.

"I'm not really concerned, but I think it's something we have to think about," Rodgers said. "We have a lot of game reps together. I'm not sure where he's at with his legs and his conditioning and his running.

"If he's out there, it's going to help our offense, but we definitely haven't had a lot of reps in training camp and the season thus far."

The offense appears in need of the Jennings who caught 67 passes for 949 yards and nine touchdowns last season. That's the same guy who has the ability to get open against the Cover-2 defenses the Packers see regularly. Of all the receivers, Jennings runs down the seam of a zone better than anyone else.

con't...

more: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 15396.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Greg Jennings - groin injury

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Greg Jennings (groin) is expected to play in Monday night's game against the Seahawks.
Jennings is officially "questionable," but practiced fully on Saturday. Schefter describes Jennings' ailment as "lingering," while FOX's Jay Glazer reported Sunday the Packers were initially worried the injury could sideline their No. 1 receiver upwards of four weeks. Nevertheless, Jennings appears intent on playing at less than 100 percent after sitting out in Week 2. Official word should come down around 7ET this evening. If Jennings suits up, it won't be an easy night against the Seahawks' physical secondary.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 24 - 11:10 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Confirmed on NFL Net that he will start tonight! ;-D
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Packers WR Jennings staying cautious
By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel
Oct. 11, 2012

Green Bay -- One week later, Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings still is being careful with his groin injury. Rest, he says, is most important.

Jennings wouldn't completely rule himself out for Sunday night's game in Houston, but it sounds like shutdown mode will continue.

"I've kept things the same, making sure I don't rush it back like I did before," said Jennings, referring to his quick return from the initial groin pull. "I'm trying to make sure we do the things we need to do before we go out there and attacking it physically when it comes to actually running on the field and different things like that so that we won't have a setback."

After initially injuring his groin in the season opener against San Francisco, Jennings only missed one week. He played at Seattle and then against New Orleans before re-aggravating his groin. Now, he'll continue to rest.

Jennings has not tried running at full speed yet --- the true test for his return.

"That's been the game plan, not to do that too soon to allow a setback, a potential setback," Jennings said. "But again, only time will tell. It doesn't really matter when you do it. The only thing that really matters is after you've done it. Physically, I feel good. Physically, I felt good before. But only time will tell."

con't...

more: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/173758991.html
stomperrob

Postby TexasMade8810 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 pm

this dude is never coming back is he? I had offers 5 weeks ago when he first injured his groin and I declined them because I was lead to believe his injury wasn't as serious as it really was. Looks like the joke is on me. If I see him in one more Old Spice commercial i'm going to lose my mind. It's like an ongoing joke everytime I see him in a commercial.
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mbry429 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 pm

TexasMade8810 wrote:this dude is never coming back is he? I had offers 5 weeks ago when he first injured his groin and I declined them because I was lead to believe his injury wasn't as serious as it really was. Looks like the joke is on me. If I see him in one more Old Spice commercial i'm going to lose my mind. It's like an ongoing joke everytime I see him in a commercial.
You're not alone man..I'm about to drop him next commercial I see lol

Out of my 4 fantasy teams, its a toss up between him and Nicks as my biggest disappointments, but big Greggy smile has ran away with it now..
12 Team PPR BIG $ LEAGUE
QB - Matt Ryan (J. Freeman)
RB - Arian Foster, Reggie Bush (Ballard, Starks, Bell)
WR - Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall (Nicks, Britt)
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Jared Cook, (G. Olsen)
D/ST - MIA
K - S. Graham
mbry429
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Run test set for Packers WR Jennings
Receiver then could practice on Friday
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
Oct. 22, 2012

Green Bay - There's a chance that Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings will return this week from a groin injury, but don't expect a prediction on whether it will happen until Thursday at the earliest.

Jennings will continue on the rest and rehabilitation plan he began Oct. 1 after aggravating the injury against the New Orleans Saints. He has missed three games while recuperating but is getting close to a return.

The plan, however, is for Jennings to practice only one day this week if it turns out he's capable of playing. The last time, the medical staff thought he practiced too much during the week and that resulted in a setback during the game.

So Jennings will go through a run test Thursday, and if he passes he'll be given an opportunity to practice Friday.

"The plan with Greg just from Day 1 was to try to get as far into the week because with his type of injury, the fatigue (is a concern), going through the testing and him maxing it out, coach Mike McCarthy said. "The fatigue part of it we felt, sending him out for a bunch of practice, was probably not in his best interest for the week he comes back.

"That's part of the rehab that we looked at the first time we brought him back."

con't...

more: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 41271.html
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk