TE help - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

TE help - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE help - WHIR

Postby techman5003 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 am

I drafted Fleener to backup Hernandez. Now that Hernandez is hurt, I am having second thoughts. Celek, Pitta, and Chandler are available in my league. Should I go with Fleener or pickup one of the FA TE?

leave link for help

My roster:
Start - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
Standard - Non-PPR
QB – Aaron Rodgers
RB – Ryan Matthews, Michael Turner, Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Robert Turbin, Ced Benson
WR – Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne, Kevin Ogletree, Randall Cobb
TE - Aaron Hernandez, Coby Fleener
K - Dan Bailey
DEF - Jets
techman5003
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 167)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TE help - WHIR

Postby i_b_sparks » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks for the help on mine!

I would pick up Chandler or Pitta out of the 3 you mentioned. I'm not a believer in the whole Philly offense or Michael Vick. I think Celek's strong start will fade, but that's just my opinion. Fleener is not a bad option, though. He and Luck have charisma and will hook up for big days as the season goes on.

I know it's a long way off, but week 10 is Rodger's bye week. You're gonna need a backup. Pick who you would drop on your roster right now for a Rodger's backup and drop them for Chandler or Pitta instead. You're gonna have to drop someone eventually, you might as well do it now and play the matchups with Fleener and Chandler/Pitta until Hernandez gets healthy. When it comes closer to week 10, drop the TE on your roster who has produced the least for a backup QB. Good luck!
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions