Atlanta Falcons Fire Dan Reeves - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Atlanta Falcons Fire Dan Reeves

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Dude_ffc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:10 pm

First, Deion would make a great coach. He could teach them some beautiful ways to celebrate in the endzone and even on the way to the endzone. Second, I'm pretty sure Dan sat down the night Vick got hurt and told his wife that it was only a matter of time before he was fired. He is lucky he lasted this long. It really is unfortunate that coaches have the be the scapegoat for poor team play and injuries. Dan is a good coach though, good luck to you big guy!
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby latraffic » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:02 pm

He's welcome in Oakland.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:20 pm

latraffic wrote:He's welcome in Oakland.

:-b No kidding......if any coach deserved to get fired this year.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby h3rms69 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:40 pm

damn.. he was one of my favourite coaches too...
i hope the falcons turn shit now
h3rms69
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 4Pack » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:52 pm

Reeves got shafted IMO! I also agree....I hope the Falcons have the same type of season next year with a healthy Vick!
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:47 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:If I'm "old school", Dan Reeves must be a scribe to the Pharoh.

Atlanta is exactly the sort of team that needs to get young, get new, with a fresh approach built around Michael Vick.
Dan Reeves is not the guy to do that.
My 2 cents, anyway.
...didn't look like he was useing an old school coaching approach on the last game .......looked like he utilized Vick's talents perfectly........big mistake for the Falcons
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby zombiez » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:48 pm

kashikis wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Who thinks that Deion will take over?

That would be the dumbest move ever to hire Deion. With Vick in there you have a chance to be a contender and Vick honestly needs good head coaching to bring him along. And Deion is far from a coach.

I think the Falcons are making a mistake with this one but I just hope the Giants make a run at Reeves in the off-season along with Jimmy Johnson. One of them should suffice ;-D
.....do you really think the Giants would hire him back again???
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:38 am

i don't think he should have been fired its not his fault the falcons have NO talent except for Vick and it wasn't his fault that vick got hurt
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:49 pm

Zombiez wrote:
ScreamingWeasel wrote:If I'm "old school", Dan Reeves must be a scribe to the Pharoh.

Atlanta is exactly the sort of team that needs to get young, get new, with a fresh approach built around Michael Vick.
Dan Reeves is not the guy to do that.
My 2 cents, anyway.
...didn't look like he was useing an old school coaching approach on the last game .......looked like he utilized Vick's talents perfectly........big mistake for the Falcons

yeah, he was using the old 'let vick go out there and improvise and win one for me all by himself' tactic. i'm real sure it's part of reeves gameplan to have vick scramble around and not find any WRs and then run for 50 yds. when your QB has 170+ rushing yds (even though that is awesome) there have obviously been a lot of busted plays and the WRs not getting open. i don't think that means reeves gameplan was that great. i am an atlanta homer and i like reeves but feel it is time he goes. after 7 years he gave us 2 winning seasons and the other 5 seasons had an avg of 5 wins per season. PLUS - he has an overall 201 career wins, along with 174 losses. that's a 54% winning percentage. that's not that great and it seems like he has lost his edge in coaching. the players need someone that will fire them up and keep them in line (not deion). i wish reeves the best and i hope he goes to one of you guy's teams and does great. you people saying you wish the worst for the falcons because of firing reeves need to look a little more into it than just if you like the guy or not. and from the radio reports here, they are saying reeves went to blank and asked him if he's going to have a job next year and blank said no, so reeves wanted to be let go now. if this is true, i don't feel that sorry for him - and think that maybe he should suck it up and finish the season out. but we don't know for sure if that is true. please remember that the NFL is a business and if a major company had 5 out of 7 years where they lost money, i'm pretty sure someone would have to go (or the company would be out of business). and with the nfl that just so happens to be the head coach in most cases.

clownfishboy (not logged in again) :-o

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk