League question - What are your opinions on starting a TE?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League question - What are your opinions on starting a TE??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steindawg » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:03 pm

we don't have a TE position...but I start two just about every week....

Gonzo and Sharpe 8-o
steindawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BradtheImpaler » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:10 pm

well i drafted shockey, and he was having a pretty decent year, so i was pretty happy, until he got hurt....i had shannon sharpe and doug jolley last year and got decent production outta those guys as well.....and if yah boo williams lately yah also been pretty happy....

its a worthwhile position....especially when a guy has a huge breakout game for maybe 100 + yards and a score or 2.

it does add some strategy to the draft, and guys like shockey, gonzo, etc can actually put up numbers almost as good as most teams #2 wr.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cake » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:11 pm

A tight end position slot i think is a great idea. We have one this year and its been fun playing the WW trying to figure out whos gonna have a big game. Guys like Boo Williams come outta nowhere and do great for two weeks then fade off. Crumpler scored twice the first two weeks and now where is he?. You also have to draft accordingly becuase it can be a huge advatage to have a gonzo or sharpe.
Cake
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:33 pm

I like starting a TE for all the reasons previously stated. As for the arguments against, it's the same for the other team as well. Another thing that I like about the TE is that I am a tinkerer and love to look on the wire for availible players. If you don't have to start a TE, there will be less skill players to choose from. That takes away from the game, IMO. Hell, I'm even starting to warm up to the idea of having to carry 2 Ds and Ks. It makes me ill when I read posts over the last month about people wondering if they should pick up Rudi, J. Jackson, or Boo Williams. These players are gone the minute they make an impact in my 12 team league.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:36 pm

TE's can be at times very frustrating if you aren't willing to use that high draft pick to get a reliable one.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:15 pm

Arlo wrote:I'd say the majority of leagues has a TE slot. It's a matter of taste, of course, but I think it's a good idea; TEs add some interesting strategy to drafts.

Agree totally. Tell the guy that spent an early pick on Gonzo that it's luck.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BD_United » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:50 pm

I am an FF rookie but I joined a league that as been around for several years and expanded from 10 to 12 teams. We start a TE and the TE gets 1 pt per reception which RB and WR do not get. This brings the avg TE position points up to the same level as the other skill positions. As others have said, I think this adds to the strategy, awiver wire activity, etc. The top TE's are worth a lot in our league. I like our scoring system and plan on picking a TE early in the draft next year.
BD_United
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk