VETO Worthy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

VETO Worthy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

VETO Worthy?

Postby ozzyozwalt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 am

So I just completed a trade that has some in the league trying to veto. Basically talent for talent they are right it is not fair. However, if you look at the whole situation, i think this is exactly what two manager look to accomplish in a trade.

I Give:
Kevin Smith
Jason Witten
Colby Fleener

I Get:
Robert Griffin III
Brent Celek

Now the kicker is the guy already has Aaron Rodgers, so RG3 is useless to him. Just trade bait. In no world would he start RG3 over Rodgers. On top of that he is in desperate need of a RB. Plus he gets a slight bump in TE. Am I wrong here that a trade that obviously benefits both teams, both managers are willing and not cheating, is a fair trade? Honest opinions please agree or not.
ozzyozwalt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: VETO Worthy?

Postby Indibuck » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:24 am

ozzyozwalt wrote:So I just completed a trade that has some in the league trying to veto. Basically talent for talent they are right it is not fair. However, if you look at the whole situation, i think this is exactly what two manager look to accomplish in a trade.

I Give:
Kevin Smith
Jason Witten
Colby Fleener

I Get:
Robert Griffin III
Brent Celek

Now the kicker is the guy already has Aaron Rodgers, so RG3 is useless to him. Just trade bait. In no world would he start RG3 over Rodgers. On top of that he is in desperate need of a RB. Plus he gets a slight bump in TE. Am I wrong here that a trade that obviously benefits both teams, both managers are willing and not cheating, is a fair trade? Honest opinions please agree or not.

I hate vetoes, and this trade is a perfect example of why only a commish should be able to veto a trade, and ONLY if he believes there is collusion between the 2 parties.

Heck no this shouldn't be vetoed.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby gsnts725 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 am

Indibuck wrote:
ozzyozwalt wrote:So I just completed a trade that has some in the league trying to veto. Basically talent for talent they are right it is not fair. However, if you look at the whole situation, i think this is exactly what two manager look to accomplish in a trade.

I Give:
Kevin Smith
Jason Witten
Colby Fleener

I Get:
Robert Griffin III
Brent Celek

I hate vetoes, and this trade is a perfect example of why only a commish should be able to veto a trade, and ONLY if he believes there is collusion between the 2 parties.

Heck no this shouldn't be vetoed.

This.
gsnts725
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)

Postby BigFin13 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 am

No veto. Most of the time it's either jealous losing owners that veto trades, or it's the classic angry nerd who just spites everybody. Heck no! No veto! ;-D

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=521858
BigFin13
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions