Week 3 GC: Detroit @ Tennessee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 3 GC: Detroit @ Tennessee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 3 GC: Detroit @ Tennessee

Postby Chicago 2 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Stafford wasn't taken out because of injury was he?

I figured it was a blowout so they just put Hill in because they figured it was over, apparently not.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Chicago 2 wrote:Stafford wasn't taken out because of injury was he?

I figured it was a blowout so they just put Hill in because they figured it was over, apparently not.

leg strain of some sort.
It will be interesting to see if he plays in the OT or not.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Im concerned about that to. Same thing with Kevin Smith. Starter in practice and although it was said today Leshoure would start I figured a guy who blocks well, got you 4ypc, and catches well would at least get one touch in the game. What a slap in the face if KS is not injured or in the dog house
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby FFslacker » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Eh, it was somewhat to be expected. Though I did think Smith would get a few touches and not zero like he has. I fully expected them to play Leshoure for the majority of carries if he could handle the load. Gotta see what they invested their draft pick in finally.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote: Same thing with Kevin Smith. Starter in practice and although it was said today Leshoure would start I figured a guy who blocks well, got you 4ypc, and catches well would at least get one touch in the game. What a slap in the face if KS is not injured or in the dog house

Yeah, barring some injury it is pretty disgracful to not find away to get him some touches.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Im concerned about that to. Same thing with Kevin Smith. Starter in practice and although it was said today Leshoure would start I figured a guy who blocks well, got you 4ypc, and catches well would at least get one touch in the game. What a slap in the face if KS is not injured or in the dog house

Smith took the bulk of the first-team reps early in the week, but the Lions aren't happy with his early-down work in 2012
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Smith took the bulk of the first-team reps early in the week, but the Lions aren't happy with his early-down work in 2012

So they are unhappy with 4 ypc and instead got 3.8. Im not saying I dont agree with them getting Leshoure touches but Im just shocked they gave Smith none. He sort of saved the Lions at the end of last year. Did well so far this year. Please someone put a joint in front of Leshoures face so my guy can get some again :-D :-b
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 pm

lions got a break on that call
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Chicago 2 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:38 pm

moochman wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote: Same thing with Kevin Smith. Starter in practice and although it was said today Leshoure would start I figured a guy who blocks well, got you 4ypc, and catches well would at least get one touch in the game. What a slap in the face if KS is not injured or in the dog house

Yeah, barring some injury it is pretty disgracful to not find away to get him some touches.

I'm really mad at Smith, I played him really because I had no choice and he gets me nothing.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:39 pm

stomperrob wrote:lions got a break on that call

doesn't look like its going to matter. but in this goofy game. :-b

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting