Mikel Leshoure Value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mikel Leshoure Value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mikel Leshoure Value

Postby rotoquest » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

I picked him up in 2 leagues this morning and he saved my bacon. 19 fantasy points. Is he considered to be an RB1 or RB2 going forward being in Detroit?
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mikel Leshoure Value

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Tough to tell at this point. Great pickup though as it appears he is the guy to have now. He rushed for less YPC than Smith and in my opinion is a better true RB but not a better pass catcher. The Lions didn't pass to a RB until like the 3rd quarter. Normally thats a great outlet for Stafford which ended up being incompletions early in the game.

I think he has high value now but it could diminish quickly if they get their highest paid RB in Smith some carries and when Best comes back. Plus there is a risk that he might smoke another joint and bet suspended again. You might try to sell high now if you can get good value. Test the waters by putting him on the block. You don't have to trade him but people might make offers so you can guage his value
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 am

Leshoures' value is pretty high if yesterday was any indicator. He ran and caught the ball well and will get the bulk of the chances for the Lions. Could be interesting to see how well he does this week with Stafford gimpy at best, or Hill at the helm. One thing seems apperent, Schwartz wants to run the ball a lot, so he gets a real good shot.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:35 am

moochman wrote:Leshoures' value is pretty high if yesterday was any indicator. He ran and caught the ball well and will get the bulk of the chances for the Lions. Could be interesting to see how well he does this week with Stafford gimpy at best, or Hill at the helm. One thing seems apperent, Schwartz wants to run the ball a lot, so he gets a real good shot.

Yeah, if Stafford plays at less than 100% or if Hill starts, I can see them running more - they face the Bills next who have allowed an average of 100.3 yds/game over the first 3 weeks, so there's potential there to go with the run.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Football Talk